Strange problems on Vista 64-Bit with Acronis True Image 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kathylfeeney, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kathylfeeney

kathylfeeney Registered Member

I had Acronis True Image Home 2009 on my C drive which I uninstalled and reinstalled when I got a new internal hard drive. I now have a P drive which use to be part of the C drive, if that makes since. How can I put that space back in my C drive.

Since I uninstalled and reinstalled I've been having two problems. I'm running Vista 64-bit. At some point my screensaver stops working. My screensaver shows my pictures. When it stops workings my tv and ipod stops working correctly also. I don't get an error message. And its not that I'm not getting sound. If I click on an audiobook in iTunes, it just doesn't play. Or if I have the TV going, the motion stops. The sound stops because the program won't play. I hope I've explained that so it makes sense. I contacted Dell but they said it was a software problem. So I contacted Dell Software but they said it was a spyware/malware problem. That was not the problem. I can only assume it might be an acronis problem since this all started after I uninstalled acronis on the C drive and reinstalled it on the O drive. Can someone please help me?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Is the O drive part of C or a seperate hard drive altogether? Is it the latest build of TI 2009 that you have?

3. kathylfeeney

kathylfeeney Registered Member

The O drive is the new internal 1 TG drive. The P drive use to be part of the C drive, I think it turned into the P drive when I uninstalled the secure zone on C. I think I have the latest build for acronis but can not figure out where to find that information. BTW, thanks for your response!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kathylfeeney!

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home!

To merge partitions I would advise Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0

It can perform any operations with partitions. You can try a Demo version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0

Please note that you can not apply changes when using a demo version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0.

As for your question about lockup of you programs according to our experience this hardly ever may happen.
    If you would like that your issue is investigated by Acronis support team please do not hesitate to create a request on our page We will do our best to investigate the problem you face.

Thanks,

Jean Papyrin

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.