Strange Problem with Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'hardware' started by LenC, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

My computer started acting up - when I move the mouse down, the cursor moves up. Movement side to side is correct. I have an optical wireless mouse.

To make a long story short, after trying a vairety of things (rebooting, reinstalling mouse, doing some troubleshooting with video card), I replaced the battery in the mouse and that fixed it.

I never would have thought a weak battery would manifest itself in that way - thought that might be of interest to you all.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

LenC, who is the maker of that mouse?

My Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 has a built-in battery indicator at the top, that goes from a steady green to a blinking red when the battery is getting weaker.

3. LenC

LenC Registered Member

It's Microsoft.

I must admit - I ignored a couple of popup errors on the screen warning me the battery was low. I've done that in the past until the mouse was totally dead, at which time I replaced the battery - won't be doing that again:cautious:

4. Halffull

Halffull Registered Member

Check that the surface is suitable for your mouse, certain wood grains effect the mouse negativly as the light isn't reflected back consistently, the best surfaces to have are light plain colours.

5. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I understand that can be a problem, and I did consider that. But as I mentioned above, it was clearly the battery in this case.

Thanks,
    Len

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.