strange messages w/ opfw?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by guest, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

on one of my PCs, when i have outpost fw installed,from time to time i get some strange system messages, such as "windows is on a long process, if you want to....", "do you want to upgrade to version 2060", etc. weird thing is, i get this first message about long process when i click "restart pc" or "turn off pc" buttons of windows. for the messages appear for a short time, i couldn't catch the whole message, but it's similar to what i quoted. i downloaded opfw's installation file from agnitum's website. so i don't think it's related to installation file. and the version is the latest available on agnitum's site which is 6.5.3 (2518.381.0686). i turned off all logging features of opfw. what might be the source of these problems? thanks in adv.

2. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

I also run the latest version of outpost,and I never get these messages - something is definitely not right. I'm willing to bet you're infected with some sort of malware, if I were you i'd run a full malware scan and see if it finds anything - good luck :doubt:

3. chrome_sturmen

why not uninstall outpost, then check and see if your error has gone, or if it's still there?

4. chrome_sturmen

did you use the same installer? if not,try getting another copy from the agnitum site,and try it again. press on, and you will get it figured out :thumb:

5. chrome_sturmen

hm - perplexing,and thats all i can think of in the way of troubleshooting at present. if no-one can offer any help, try manny carvalho over at the agnitum forums - he knows his stuff real well and is always quick to help out. in any case, i wouldn't give up - i've spent days working to resolve problems like this,till i finally got it figured out. good luck:thumb:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  6. chrome_sturmen

you're on a 64 bit pc arent you?

7. chrome_sturmen

Not that i'm aware - but over on the agnitum forums I saw that someone mentioned your problem in conjunction with 64 bit pc. If I were you i'd ditch this thread and concentrate on the one that manny is trying to help you in :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.