Strange issue with Kingsoft AntiVirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Dark Shadow, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I have recently re imaged a friends netbook and installed kingsoft Cloud antiVirus and everything was fine until today.She had called me and said the program had changed to chinese.I went and check it out and sure enough it magically changed from english to chinese.Being familiar with the program, I tried to uninstall it to no avail,it just returned to run as if nothing happened.I had to reinstall over the top and everything is back in english and working fine.What possibly could have made this program change it's language remains a mystery to me.The only thing I can think of is some update maybe,but not to be able to uninstall it made me a little suspicious.I did scan the system with HMP an MBAM and eveything checks out good.If it happens again its history and will install avast or BD Free.

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Not to overstate the obvious,but is there a language setting in kingsoft?
    Sorry im not familiar with the program and perhaps an update altered the language settings.
    Only a long shot and probably not much help but thought i would add my 2 cents worth.:cool:

3. Dark Shadow

Default install was english,so see no reason for it to change.There is no setting after install to change lanquage as far as I ever seen.Thanks for the input and think your correct that something with the update had changed the lanquage.

4. The Red Moon

Must be a faulty update or something.sorry i cant be any more help to you.
    On another point i have the kingsoft office program installed which is very good but i too am experiencing language problems within the spreadshhet and presentation sections as all is written in chinese and i see no way of changing this.
    Hope it works out for your friend anyway and i know a lot of members here dont trust chinese software.

5. Dark Shadow

Thanks man and your input is always of help.:thumb:

6. virusdefender

virusdefender Registered Member

It maybe an error update.

7. virusdefender

virusdefender Registered Member

Why did you say that?

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

If true, it is not because of political affiliations but rather due to bugs, compatibility, lack of proper communication, non-availability of objective tests, etc.

Same with for e.g. Ukranian, or Indian products, for example. One tends to doubt the resources and ability of a company that (presumably) has less funds to do it's job due to being established and developed in a developing country.

9. The Red Moon

I must apologise and i use kingsoft office which is an excellent office suite i must add.
    I browse several forums and the general opinion seems to be that chinese software contains malware or spam etc.
    Personally it doesnt bother me and some truly wonderful stuff has come out of china..look at lenovo laptops which i consider the most durable and well constructed.
    Thanks.

10. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

avast comes from czech republic, which was partf Russia
    AVG originates in another communist country
    so are you telling me they are bad too?
    what does it matter where it comes from as long as it works!
    robin

11. The Red Moon

AVG is from the czech republic also.
    :D :D

12. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

13. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Who cares what country an app is from? There are plenty of "bad guys" in the good ole USA if you look around daily. As long as you thoroughly check it out and are satisfied that many people use it without problems, what difference does it make where the app originates? I'm tired the attitude "unless we do it, it's no good". Yes, I'm proud of the USA, but I realize other countries have merit and worth! (>stepping off my soapbox>)

14. The Red Moon

wow nice speech.
    Abraham lincoln would be proud.:gack:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.