Strange incoming connections (ZA logs)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by RejZoR, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Ok,after some time i tried Zone Alarm 5.5.x again (latest one).
    Now i'm not sure if ZA is too paranoid or it's something else.
    As soon as i connect to internet,i start getting loads of incoming connections from all sorts of IPs,but one thing is common for all of them.
    They all target my IP at port 6346. Some (very rare) hit other ports and sometimes 445. But 99% of them have destination port 6346.
    Now i'd understand if i'd be getting outbound connections (lets say that i have backdoor or something,which i certanly don't have).
    I'm also using dynamic IP.
    I suspect that user before me was using some Gnutella based program (port 6346 is commonly used by Gnutella P2P apps). Then i connected and his IP was used for my newly established connection. And all his ex P2P buddies are trying to connect to me (but they don't get any response since i don't run Gnutella P2P app). Is this possible reason for these incoming connections?

PS: And i thought i have seen everything heh :D

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Ok,i reconnected again and i'm getting eMule ports now. Guess i was correct.
    Anyone having the same "problem" with dynamic DSL connection?

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

That is likely what and why you are seeing those connection attempts. One of the joys of dynamic IP's ;) Nothing to worry about, just let ZA do it's job unless you want to keep doing release/renew and try to get a quieter IP.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.