Strange FP with 3.0.566.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sydneypob, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sydneypob

sydneypob Registered Member

Hi

I have searched the forums but couldn't find anyone that had experienced this - I had a little popup from NOD32 saying there was a suspicious file 'angelina.exe' and could it submit the file to ESET for analysis. Of course I clicked OK and then had a look to see if I could find the file. Which I couldn't. Searched all my drives and couldn't find anything remotely resembling angelina.exe, then checked quarantine, nothing there, checked the logs, nothing there. So, is there a ghost in the machine? Did a full scan with NOD32 and didn't find anything, and also double checked with Trend's House call but everything came up clean.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have send a support email to ESET who were helpful in pointing me towards areas to look at, but not tracked it down yet.

2. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

I had something similar happen a couple of weeks ago; something called xmilla.exe. NOD gave me the pop-up about submitting the file, but there was no record of it being detected/cleaned/submitted in the logs, and there was nothing in quarantine. o_O

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

File called angelina.exe really smell like a threat so EA/NOD32 has done its job- saved you . Most likely it was found with the help of the heuristics and that is why it asked you to send it to ESET - for further analysis .
    Since EA/NOD32 has deleted the threat , it will be pretty normal for it not to exist on your machine anymore . Why hasn't NOD32 created a log file - well , this is another question :thumb:

4. sydneypob

sydneypob Registered Member

thanks HiTech_boy

I have turned the logging level up, so hopefully if it happens again I'll get some more information. My main concern was to find out where is came from!

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.