Strange error messages when deleting archives and associated files

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by emmrecs, Jul 5, 2015.

1. emmrecs

emmrecs Registered Member

Using HDM 15 version 10.1.25.710 Suite. Since the latest program update every time I delete an existing archive and select to also delete the archive files, the deletion process seems to proceed as expected; the archive is no longer listed in the database and the stored files have disappeared from my dedicated back-up drive.

However, I always receive the following two error messages.

ScreenShot00107.jpg ScreenShot00108.jpg

The second message is especially concerning since it seems to imply that an archive created in this latest version cannot be read/opened/supported by that same version! I have never yet needed to use a back-up to restore my system but I wonder whether, if I did, I would receive the same message and hence experience problems.

Later this year I hope to migrate my main system disk and OS to SDD and am expecting to use HDM15 to effect this change. On the basis of the above messages, is that likely to prove "difficult" or even "impossible"?

Thank you for any advice.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Paragon programs sometimes produce strange messages. Are you deleting VD backups, or legacy PBF backups? Are you working from the VD interface, or from the legacy interface?

You can also delete image files directly from Windows Explorer.

There shouldn´t be problems restoring images with HDM 15. You should try a restore to become comfortable with the process. If you want extra protection, before you try the restore create another backup with Macrium Free.

[Edit. The time stamp of this post is totally wrong. It was posted on 5 July at about 11 a.m., forum time.]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  3. emmrecs

Hi. Thanks for the reply and my apologies for not replying sooner. (I selected to receive email notifications of any replies but ...).

These are legacy PBF back ups created in and deleted from the Legacy interface. I have been a user of HDM since, I think version 11 or 12 so am quite used to the procedure for restoring back ups, when needed; it was simply that since the latest update of HDM15 these "error" messages had begun to appear and I wondered whether this suggested a problem with my computer or ...?

One question, if I may (to which I have never been able to find an answer either in this forum - could be my fault, very possibly - or on the Paragon site): what is/are the advantages of creating VD back ups over legacy PBFs? I still use the latter simply because, over several years, they are what I have become used to but I am perfectly happy to change if there are real advantages. Thank you for any advice.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

What the real advantages are is not clear to me. Apparently, there may be advantages if you use virtualization or create incremental backups. But, in any case, if you intend to use Paragon in the future, you should use the VD format. The PBF format is now just supported for legacy purposes, so that you can restore old PBF images with the current versions of Paragon programs.

5. emmrecs

Many thanks for this, and sorry to be so long before replying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.