Strange error installating TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by InforMed, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InforMed

InforMed Registered Member

Anyone seen the attached error message when trying to install TI on Windows XP?

Thanks, Rob.

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello InforMed,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify the exact version and build number of Acronis True Image that you are trying to install?

When exactly have you received the above error message?

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. InforMed

It's Workstation v9.1 Build 3887 which was the latest at the time of posting.

I can't remember for sure exactly where but it was part way through the main part of installation before reboot.

The PC has gone into use now so I can't easily do any further tests on it.

Thanks, Rob.

4. want2bemalwarefree

want2bemalwarefree Registered Member

I also experienced this disturbing error upon installing the 9.1.0.3887 update (the latest one available as of yesterday). The error was "Windows cannot find 'utpost' ...". I was updating from TI Workstation version 9.1.0.3718. I also have Universal Restore 9.1.0.3718 installed. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all available updates.

After I closed the error window the install continued and claimed to have been successful. I was then prompted to reboot.

Installation errors for a product which is used to provide critical backups are very disconcerting and until an answer is given as to why this error occurs, what the impact to the functionality of the product is, and a resolution to correct any functional impact, I will not be able to confidently use this product to backup my system. Installation errors eliminate all confidence in the proper functionality of the software, given that it does not even install correctly.

I would appreciate it if you would immediately investigate and provide a resolution to this problem so that I do not lose all confidence in your products. I own several of your products, have recommended them to others, and have been very happy with them until now, but installation errors like this one reflect very negatively on your entire product line.

I use the following protective software: Outpost Pro, NOD32, Spyware Doctor. During the installation Spyware Doctor was disabled but Outpost and NOD32 were active.

Thank you.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello InforMed and want2bemalwarefree,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that I have consulted with Acronis Development Team and they assure me that this message does not affect the installation process and functionality of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

We will defiantly correct this situation in the future builds of the program. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. InforMed

Ta very much! Tried just "!Ta" but forum said reply yes too short :)

7. want2bemalwarefree

want2bemalwarefree Registered Member

Thank you for confirming that this does not cause any functional impact.

8. vater PLC

vater PLC Registered Member

This happen to me to today , Is this a Install erroro_Oo_O are They going to fix this Problem

9. InforMed

Obviously not in a hurry as here we are four months later and build 3887 is still the latest version...

Cheers, Rob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.