Stops after NOD32 gets Installed

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Terminology, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terminology

Terminology Registered Member

The computer im Trying to install NOD32 once had Norton 2005 installed on it, i Used the Norton removal tool to get rid of that stupid Norton. Now when go to install NOD32 on the computer the setups are like this :- Run the setup program>SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (click agree) > setup the User name and PW> Click finish (normal stuff). Now its after i click finish, it ask me to PLease wait for final install of files im guessing(never finishes).

If i force it to stop doing that i see in Start>ALL Programs>ESET(all the program is installed). When i go to Control center an error messege says- Error occured durning commounication with NOD32 Kernal service.

One other detail, if i click uninstall it says - Setup.xml file is damaged or missing. And NOD32 is not in the ADD/Remove programs.

COMPUTER SPECS - Windows XP PRO with SP 2.

HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

2. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Did you reboot the computer before running Control Center? Otherwise you will see that error message since NOD kernal is not loaded.

3. Terminology

Yep, i restarted the computer after the install. The little Green NOD32 EYE thing comes up and then the error - Virus scanner could not be initialized NOD32 system modules may not function properlty. Then i go into the Control center and the AMON is all grayed out, Its not started so i go and click on START and the error Unable to load file system monitor

4. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

i've seen some viruses prevent AV install. Norton is well know to cause this type of trouble. Anyway try this.

This procedure will force NOD32 to install over any failed/incomplete/current install.

5. Terminology

Well i went to that link of yours and tried to do as it said, i extracted the NOD32 files into a new folder then added the install.bat and the config.xml and then double clicked on the install.bat and it just hang there forever. I restarted the computer to see if it changed anything, it did.

6. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello,

Is Norton definitely uninstalled? Have you got 'in-CD', part of Nero burning software installed on your PC? Is the RAM module faulty? Have you replaced it recently?

Please download WinAudit (http://www . snapfiles . com/get/winaudit.html) and save it to your desktop. Run the utility. You can click on 'Options' to remove any personal information from the audit if you wish. Send the file to support [at] eset.us

Also, if you're comfortable running a command prompt, you could try starting AMON with: net start amon This should produce some kind of explanation as to why it's not starting.

You could also try this command prompt path - "C:\Program Files\ESET\Install\setup.exe" /test and hit 'Enter'. When the installation/setup has finished, look in C:\Program Files\ESET\Install directory. There you will find a file named 'nsetup.log'. Double click it and it will open a new document in Notepad. Send a copy of this to support [at] eset.us

Cheers,
    Bandicoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.