Stopping Worms

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WilliamP, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Can IMON stop a worm from getting in. To tell the truth I couldn"t tell the difference between a trojan and a worm. I just want to be sure I don't get one. Thank you.

2. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Not sure what you mean, but a mod will probably be by shortly...

The best way to prevent worm infestation IMO is to make sure your MS patches are up to date, and you are careful w/e-mail. Your AV can nail things that make it through the cracks, but better to have all your "hatches battened down" to make it easier for the av to do it's job.

For example: You can have an up to date av installed, but can still have Blaster or Welchia make it into your machine unless you have applied the hotfix from MS. The av *should* catch it, but why take the chance?

;)

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I check for Windows updates daily. I am careful with E Mail but my wife gets a lot and I'm not sure how careful she is . And of course with the way some of these things work you could get an E Mail from someone you trust and it could be infested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.