Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jmw, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmw

jmw Registered Member

I just installed True Image about 3 days ago and did a image backup of my drive C and it worked fine. I tried to do the same thing for my Drive D & E (it is 1 drive but partitioned as 2 logical drives) and the first backup worked but the next time I tried to get it to backup I got to the last window where it displays the backup activity and it just sets there and there is a message in the lower right hand of the window saying "No Backup started". Now I can't get it to backup anything, even my Drive C.

What could be causing this?

2. JPR

JPR Guest

You are not alone. Have managed to create two backup images during August. But now have exactly the same problem - just sits at the activity screen for hours with no activity and no movement.

3. TI 7
    try this:

* goto folder:
    <your harddisk>:\Program files\Common files\Acronis\Schedule2

* start the file:
    schedhlp.exe

worked fine on my computer
    good luck

4. sorry for the very very short answer. was pretty sleepy after 36 hour shift :(

if you encounter the annoying "No Backup started"-problem you can try this:

with TI (7) already running you start schedhlp.exe which should be located in <your harddisk>:\Program files\Common files\Acronis\Schedule2.

you should be able to make a backup of your drives now.

seems that TI runs schedul2.exe, TrueImageMonitor.exe, TrueImage.exe... but forgets to activate schedhlp.exe when started.
    this caused the "No Backup started"-BS at least on my computer and the computers of some people i know.

after you activated schedhlp.exe manually once it should start automatically the next time you start TI. at least in theory - sometime it does, sometimes it does not :(

maybe this helps you

good luck
    Immanuel Goldstein

5. jmw

jmw Registered Member

I appreciate the help that was offered.

However, that did not seem to solve my problem.

I was able to start schedhlp.exe and my task manager also showed that Schedule2.exe was also running. But my backup could not be started.

I was certainly hoping your tip would work.

Again, thanks for the try.

Acronis, are you listening? Why did I not get a response from you tech support people?

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi

Have experienced this problem some time ago (twice) as have others in this Forum. An uninstall/reinstall fixed it for many of us. It's worth a try.

Regards

7. Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Guest

O.K I had the same problem too(waiting to proceed for EVER) and I reinstalled the application.Worked this time but not for long.After 2 days the same problem.BUT I followed the solution "
    * goto folder:
    <your harddisk>:\Program files\Common files\Acronis\Schedule2

* start the file:
    schedhlp.exe etc." and now WORKS just FINE.

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.