Stopped by PG free but running in task manager?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by TechDunce, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechDunce

TechDunce Guest

Processes that are set to ask permission to run show up as processes in task manager even when denied permission by PG free.
    There seems to be an instance running for every time they were denied? I now have 4 instances of cidaemon.exe as a process in task manager .PG has it set to deny always and the PG Alerts window says it was blocked from starting 4 times. Still it is running as as process in task manager with User Name as SYSTEM and memory usage as 56K. I cannot end it with task manager? Is this a PG or task manager problem? I would appreciate any feedback

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

I'm not sure about it showing up as blocked in your logs.

See if cidaemon.exe is present on your protection tab. If it is then it will run even if it is set to be blocked on the security tab. [Sorry, that statement is incorrect, see here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=109674] If it is on the protection tab, then remove it and that should stop it from running.

Also, if it is on the protection tab, then it is probably protected from termination. You may not have given task manager permission to terminate protected processes (this may explain why you can't terminate it).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

4. TechDunce

TechDunce Guest

SpikeyB"See if cidaemon.exe is present on your protection tab"
    No it is notI

Jooske "It can't block new or changed programs".

Not sure what you mean. It usually will prompt me when a program is changed with "this program has changed since you last used it" or similar wording

Thanks both of you for replies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.