Stop Wifi tracking in Android with Pry-Fi

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by lotuseclat79, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. mlauzon

mlauzon Registered Member

I read about this a few days ago on another site, but until it works with non-rooted devices, this app is useless.

3. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

And how can I know this app and the people behind it won't resort to the same thing? They have a lot of work to do to gain trust, especially if they are asking people to pay for some "Pro" version. In fact, as a POC, the word pay shouldn't even already be on their minds. As for rooting, I agree. I'm not going to go through that hassle and risk to put my trust in the same song and dance I've heard from other companies that didn't come through.

4. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Well, Chainfire has a stellar rep. The "pay" is just to fund projects like this. He makes SuperSU and StickMount. You can just turn WiFi off every time you leave the house if you want. There are free apps for that. Of course, if you want to use WiFi anywhere but home, you then need to spoof MAC and Host Name (two more free app installs)... which is why apps like this are created - to make it easier.

5. Gitmo East

Gitmo East Registered Member

Agreed, Thanks for posting though, awesome app:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.