Stop 'startup scan' upon downloading new updates

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jedis, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedis

Jedis Registered Member

I'm in the middle of playing a game and it decides to update the definitions and proceeds to conduct a scan of my computer, thus putting it to a crawl.

How do I tell the program to not scan my computer when a certain application is running? I need this setting desperately!

Thanks for any help!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Jedis

Jedis Registered Member

Thank you!

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i found that problem with some on line games, i didn't notice it with v3. v4 scans memory after it updates only once every 60 hours, and the problem seems to only occur with games running anti cheat (ram scanners) so you can either disable the ram scanning in scheduler (not recommended) or change the update pattern. im trying to find an exclusion but the anti cheat is damn hard to trace!

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

or if you don't like messing (and it's tiring me) try v3. v4 seems to run slightly lighter in standby or general office work, but v4 seems a lot heavier on the auto start up scan and ram check after updates.
    v3 is probably less secure it just seems to me to be a much neater package and the lightest solution i can find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.