Stop RKUnhooker incompatibility to gmer

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SystemJunkie, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I thought the same when I saw this, but now I just don't care...

Imagine why... ;)

2. EP_X0FF

EP_X0FF Registered Member

In kernel mode such things makes not deliberately.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

On the incompatibility issue, if two processes want to use one resource, they will have to share - or fight one another.

EP, what platform do you use to write your code?

Mrk

4. EP_X0FF

Hi, Mrkvonic.

We using many different 32-bit platforms with Intel/AMD processors (7 virtual and 4 real computers).

Windows 2000 SP4 (PAE/no PAE)
    Windows XP Pro(no PAE), SP1(no PAE), SP2(PAE/no PAE)
    Windows XP Home (PAE), SP2 (PAE)
    Windows 2003 Server Standart Edition (no PAE)
    Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition (no PAE)
    where PAE - Physical Addresses Extension, of course ;)

Driver build in MSVC2005 without DDK and third-party stuff, ~1/3 written on pure assembler.

Application and all user mode modules written on Pascal, Delphi 5 Enterprise (our custom edition), without VCL on pure Win32 API.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

Nice, finally if I may ask, what is your background? Are you 100% pure programmer, or have other vocations.

Mrk

6. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Ilike to ilierate a thought i mention at Sysinternals. The make up of some of this technical code and fomulas that go into designing ingenious detectors of these sorts sometimes require setting aside (if only temporary) in order for a specially designed detector/remover to do it's task of eliminating rootkits lodged in ring 0 and even 3 at times. It's a small inconvenience and price to pay to rid your machine of a serious offending kit IMO.

I personally experienced BSOD when using various rootkit detectors specially formed to dig out and surface those attached codes and it's frustrating to say the least. So if uninstalling a GMER or SSM to allow a formidable remover to complete it's cycle of removing offending code/file requires that bit of effort, it's a small matter to reinstall them again after you're satisfied the windows instruction/code is been returned to it's normal default settings.

Just my 2 cents worth as far as i see things of this nature.

7. EP_X0FF

Software engineer, my work concentrated at various automated managements systems.

8. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

9. EP_X0FF

What was deliberate? Kernel mode issues with products of some anti-malware companies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.