STOP 0x0000007B after restoring with Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pauwelz, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pauwelz

Pauwelz Registered Member

After restoring an image (created with Echo Enterprise Server build 8115) from our old server to a new one, with Universal Restore (using a cd created by build 8353), I keep getting the 0x0000007B error.

Old server:
    • 2x 750GB HDD (WD 7500AYYS) on which the C is mirrored using Windows software mirroring.
    • Intel D875PBZ
    • Windows 2003 SBS SP2

New Server:
    • 2x 750GB HDD (WD7500AYYS) (the one where I want to restore to is connected, the other is not)
    • Intel DG43NB

The image is created from the C-drive on the the old server, to a NAS. (Daily)

The way I try to restore the image:
    • I boot the new server from the CD.
    • I select "Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server with Acronis Universal Restore (Full version)"
    • I pick the "Recovery" task.
    • Select the image from the NAS
    • "Restore disks or partitions"
    • I come to a screen where I can select the partition or disk I want to restore:
      Disk 2 - Dynamic/GPT
      --- MBR and Track 0
      Dynamic and GPT Volumes
      --- NTFS (C:)
    • Because I can't check both MBR and the C: I select NTFS (C:)
    • I select the new primary disk for the server (the only disk connected at the time)
    • Partition Type: "Active"
    • I don't make any other changes to the other options and start recovering.

After the recovery is complete, I restart the server (Note: it didn't ask me to select any drivers) and then I get the stop 0x0000007B error.

I hope this was enough information, if you need any more, just ask.

2. Pauwelz

Pauwelz Registered Member

At first I didn't get the "Use Universal Restore" option , so I started searching around.

I solved the problem by using "quiet acpi=off noapic". After doing that , it showed the Use Universal Restore option in the wizard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.