Still Using 2.7 RC

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by zarzenz, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

At the moment I'm still using version 2.70.12 RC which seems to work very well and gets updated normally... latest database as I write being 2026.

I haven't downloaded the latest program version as I was expecting it to be offered at some time as an automatic update.

So far this hasn't happened, but from what I understand this is still due to be done at a future date.

I'm guessing that as I'm getting database updates every day then my system is still fully protected.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I personally am not sure if 2.7 beta and RC will be auto update to the new 2.7 versions . All versions previously to 2.7 will for sure but if the RC , I can't guarantee . The RC contains some bugs which have been fixed in the current non-beta final version 2.70.23 . You are advised to uninstall the current version , reboot , manually delete the folder C:\Program files\ESET and install the new version , the final version . Of course , this is something that doesn't need to be done urgently but when you have some free time , you can do it . :thumb:

3. zarzenz

Thanks HiTech_boy,

Yes, that's good advice there. It's just that as everything worked fine with the RC and as I wasn't in any rush to download the final release and with the expectation of the auto update also being offered if using the RC version... I've simply allowed the time to pass to where we are now.

What I'm thinking is this... maybe wait a little longer just out of interest to see if the auto update does get offered when it starts to roll out. If I then become aware that it is happening and yet mine isn't being offered due to being RC... I will then of course have to download and install manually.

If however the auto update is delayed for too much longer then I may just do the manual update myself when I get a suitable time slot.

But as you say... this should not be an urgent requirement as it all seems to work very well here at this time.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome :thumb:

5. zarzenz

I decided to manually update to the final version of 2.7 and can report all is working well. The database auto updated very quickly to the latest version.

Then ran an in depth scan... no problems found.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting us know ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.