Still not able to update SpywareBlaster 3.2

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JulesBeaujolais, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JulesBeaujolais

JulesBeaujolais Registered Member

Please help. I have read the other threads re Spyware Blaster 3.2 updating problems, but that hasn't improved my situation.

I installed the free version of Spyware Blaster 3.2 in September when it said that its database was loaded on 7/7/04 with 3022 items in database, and this is what it keeps saying ever since although I am doing the manual updates regularly. When updating, everything seems fine. It goes to the server, tells me it's fetching the data, then tells me the new data are installed, but back in the Protection panel nothing has changed, it still shows July as the latest database.

This keeps happening regardlless of wheter I am using Explorer or Firefox and regardless of whether or not my Zone Alarm Security Suite (virus + firewall protection) is turned on or off.

My computer is an old Compaq Presario with 63 RAM and running on Windows Me without any other problems.

Thank you.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. JulesBeaujolais

JulesBeaujolais Registered Member

WooHoo, I am updated at last!
    Thank you, Snowbound!!
    Although I'd read that thread you linked me too as I thought very carefully, the Options thingie on the Downloads page didn't register. (Iwas convinced only alternatives were manual or automatic update) I had to set mine to direct internet, and walah, here I am in shiny new armor :D

Thanks again!

4. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i think the problems that some people have had with updating spywareblaster are firewall-related..

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Good show! :D

Glad it all worked out. ;)

snowbound

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

In most cases the problems are indeed firewall-related or proxy-related.

I'm working to try to reduce the number of issues caused by both of those types of programs - with luck, it'll work out. ;)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.