Still getting "need to renew"msg after renewing??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Batus, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batus

Batus Registered Member

I renewed my license for NOD32 2 days ago and am still showing a yellow NOD icon and am still getting messages that my license will soon expire.

My credit card was debited and I received both the order confirmation and the registration email. I followed the instructions in the registration email to the letter (i.e., I copy/pasted the user name and password in the email to user name and password setup in the NOD control center. Nothing happened when I did so. Still, after more than 2 days, there's no evidence that NOD on my system has been renewed.

I've sent two emails to ESET (via the email link in control center support). Aside from the automated acknowledgements, I've received no response.

This license renewal should have been, at most, a five minute process. Instead, I've spent at least a couple of hours fooling around with it, sending emails and posting here.

Maybe it's something I'm doing....or not doing. Who knows? My current license doesn't expire for a few days yet, so maybe I just have to wait. In any case, I'm not very impressed by the NOD license renewal process.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There are 2 ways how a license can be renewed:
    1, by prolonging your current license expiration
    2, by generating a new username/password

The former shouldn't be used if a license is due to expire within the next 24-48 hours as it takes time for license information to propagate to all servers and databases. It's useful if you renew the license a couple of days before the license expires. I don't know if you purchased directly from eset.com or from a local distributor/reseller, but if you cannot update I can create a temporary license for you which you can use until your license starts working.

3. Batus

Batus Registered Member

My license was due to expire on 20 April 09. I originally purchased the NOD32 license in April 08, directly from Eset.com. I renewed the license on the Eset site on 7 April 09. Here's a partial quote from the registration email Eset sent me on that date: "You are hereby granted a license to use ESET NOD32 Antivirus on 1 computer(s) until 04/20/2010. NOTE: it may take up to 24 hours for the new expiration date to display in the software."

The license has, however, never updated (even though I've repeatedly pasted the username and password from the registration email into username/password setup in NOD32): The expiration date still shows as 4/20/09 with the msg "Your license will run out shortly."

To the best of my knowledge, I've never changed my license username or password. I did, however, have to use a new password when I renewed the license through the Eset store. I had to create a password to use with my email address to purchase the renewal on the eset site. However, I didn't think this had anything to do with my license username and password.

The license username and password in the renewal registration email Eset sent on 4/7/09 are identical with the username and password that I got back in April 08 when I first purchased my NOD32 license.

4. Marcos

Please PM me your username so that I can check the status of your license.

5. codmate

codmate Registered Member

I'm having exactly the same issue.

If the new license takes a while to propagate, Eset should change the wording in the email from saying it takes 24 hours.

I've currently been waiting nearly 48...

6. Marcos

Could you please PM me your username? After checking the previously mentioned license it turned out it worked like a charm.

7. helobubba

helobubba Registered Member

Same issue here. License was to expire on April 13th. Renewed on April 8th and am still waiting for the renewal to take effect.

Sent my username to Marcos via PM.

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  8. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

It's not available to people with a low post count. I believe someone must PM you for you to reply.

9. t3hmun

t3hmun Registered Member

I renewed my licence adding 2 extra machines yesterday, a few days after the licence had expired.

Its been over 24 hours since I received the invoice and the email with the user name and password (which hasn't changed).

However the website and my current install on anti-virus 2.7 wont accept my user name and password, the prompt just keeps re-appearing; so I can't download a fresh install (needed for the other machines), or update my current install.

10. helobubba

Using my new username and password (which are the same as last year's registration), I downloaded the latest version of NOD32, uninstalled the old version, rebooted and installed the new version.

However, NOD32 still thinks my registration expires today (April 13th).

Not sure what else I need to do to make NOD32 recognize my new registration.

11. Marcos

It may take 24-48 hours for the expiry date to update. This doesn't affect the license functionality, however.

12. kenpat

kenpat Registered Member

I've been waiting 4 days and still no joy.
    I still have the red icon on my taskbar.

13. helobubba

Just spoke with sales support and according to the tech ESET is having problems with renewals that occurred on the 8th, 9th and 10th of April. They are hoping to resolve the problem by Wednesday (15 April).

14. SpacionS

SpacionS Registered Member

Same issue here as well. I renewed through ESET site on the 10th but still shows my license will expire now in 4 days. My user name and password stayed the same after renewal and reentering it changed nothing. I emailed CS for help so should I wait to hear from them or can mod help me?

You are hereby granted a license to use ESET NOD32 Antivirus on 1 computer(s) until 04/17/2010.
    NOTE: it may take up to 24 hours for the new expiration date to display in the software.

15. SpacionS

SpacionS Registered Member

Thanks for reply to thread.

16. jonathanboon

jonathanboon Registered Member

I am also having the same problem, renewed a license for a client on the 7th and it is saying the license expired 6 days ago.

It is however allowing updates to download.

I have tried adding the license file individually to each pc but it still says the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.