Still at 1.1454 database since 3/22/2006

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by xp_1839, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xp_1839

xp_1839 Registered Member

Unable to auto/manual update since 3/22/2006!
    Now 1.1458 is released. Using trial version.
    Any way to manual download or fix the problem?

:( :( :( :(

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Trial versions are scheduled to update from one server only. In effect registered users get more server availability.

Only thing to do is to keep pushing the update-button untill you get it. FWIW, I see no slowdowns any more, so server overload should be over. :)

3. xp_1839

I have manual select different servers and repeatedly push the update now button without able to download the update at all.
    Sometime 0 KB shown briefly before back to normal screen.

4. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

several possible reasons

1. trial period has expired
    2. installation error (you may may need to reinstall. uninstall first)
    3. Eset policy to give priority to registered users

just my guesses but I'm sure the Eset guys will clear it up.

5. xp_1839

None of the above until the big update 1.1455 came along and screw up things!
    Whatmore, NOD32 does not allow a link to manual download and install like other AV! A real turn-off!

6. xp_1839

Finally update to 1.1458 by.....un-install and re-install again.

7. wxboss

wxboss Registered Member

Apparently this has been an issue over the last couple of days with the free version. It may be due to the size of the sigs being released lately.

I don't believe this is a common problem with the free version.

8. bathisland

bathisland Registered Member

Also with the paid version. :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. biggerbyte

biggerbyte Registered Member

There is something wrong for me to. I am a paid user using the latest version. Everytime NOD32 checks for a new version of the defs it will download the same one, version 1.1458 over and over again. The first time I installed my NOD32 it said my software was already up to date. I knew that was not right because the company website showed my defs were outdated, and Windows XP said they were as well. Did a reinstall and got the update, but now it is duplicating itself repeatedly.

10. wxboss

wxboss Registered Member

1.1458 is the most current update at this time.

Are you saying that even though the version release is current, the actual download isn't?

Edit: After reading your post a little more closely, am I correct that you are continuously receiving the most current version everytime NOD looks for an update?

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd try reinstalling NOD32. Most likely something screwed up the NOD32 registry records.

12. biggerbyte

biggerbyte Registered Member

Yes, wxboss, you are correct. Suddenly the problem has stopped, however. I'm sitting at 1.1458 with no more of this trying to download the same defs. Hope this status holds.. :)

13. wxboss

wxboss Registered Member

Me too ;)

It appears that many users were having problems for a few days, but I haven't seen any complaints lately which makes me think the problem might be resolved.

14. doctor IT

doctor IT Registered Member

Hi there.
    Whel i tried whit uninstall/reinstall too, but when Nod32 offers me to download the virus signature database it tells me that it will download 1.1454 database version. After update it notifies me that it successfully updated to version 1.1458. The only problem is that in the "lastupd" file I see [ENGINE2] version=1.1454 (20060321) and the advanced heuristic module version is 1.027 not 1.028

15. ragnarok

ragnarok Registered Member

same here, advanced heuristics module version (1.027), advanced heuristics module build (1106) with the 1.1458 virus signature database.o_O

16. zashita

zashita Registered Member

Maybe that kind of update is not available for trial version, and only def sigs can be downloaded/installed ....
    Just my 2 cents

17. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

your #3 was correct

18. wxboss

wxboss Registered Member

You may be right. That is probably one reason why you have to download the comercial version and uninstall the trial if you decide to purchase the application.

19. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am still at 1.1454 on my trial version. While I do not quarrel with giving paid versions priority, it seems not so good that I wll have to uninstall and reinstall to get the updates.

I think there is something amiss that is not necessary.

Jerry

20. ragnarok

ragnarok Registered Member

not true, i had both (1.1028 & 1107) before the update issue & reinstallation, my sister who is trialling it has this adv. heur. version, and had it since the adv. heur. update.

21. luckytrebor

luckytrebor Registered Member

I have a paid version and I have the same problems. Last signature database is 1.1458 dd 20060324. When I try to update manually I get the answer: system is up to date.
    This service is even worse then the free AntiVir I have used in the past. Does this happen often?:mad:

22. doctor IT

doctor IT Registered Member

Well i downloaded from Eset's site the commercial version cause i was using a trial version (even if I had the password stored there) and I don't have problems anymore. The last signature databse should be 1.1458 dated from 24.03.2006 (20060326). Look at lastupd.ver from updfiles folder to see what version you really have. (Open it whit Notepad). And no, it does not happen often. Actually is the first time when it happened.

23. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The updates for trial and cracked version users were ceased intentionally. In the event of a large update (happens 4-5 times a year) paying users have the highest priority and the others are updated afterwards.

24. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

I understand the reasons behind this policy but the flip side is that there were potentially thousands of users who were less protected than they should have been and given that this was due to large signature updates then this is even more so.

As is often said here on Wilders and other security forums, we ALL have a responsiblity to take adequate security measures to protect ourselves and try to minimise spreading nasties unintentionally. But a highly reputable AV company intentionally restricting the ability of a sizeable number of users to be as protected as possible is bordering on irresponsible, especially over a weekend when I'm sure internet use is at its highest.

25. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

How long does it take to trial an AV? How long has the topic starter had the trial version?
    The ultimate responsibility for security is the end user therefore it's for them to ensure their own PC is secure, they can do this by buying the full version.

From their site;
    Eset, LLC cannot be held liable for any damages resulting from the usage or installation of the trial version of NOD32.

Seems fair enough as it's in black and white.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.