Steve Jobs vowed to 'destroy' Android

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, come on, as if they all wouldn't try to destroy each other if they could. It's business. What Apple did was make existing things more intuitive and nicer looking. That's it.

2. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

So what do u think other companies were doing ? :blink:

3. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Like it or not, Apple products work well.
    For the two years my wife has had her mac, not once has she had to call me over to take care of issues that sometimes occur with Windows and Linux. For people like her who just want it to work, it does, and does it beautifully.
    BTW, before you call me one of the
    let me say I cannot stand the mac. I feel locked down from getting under the hood, and I never use hers.

4. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Not calling u a hypocrite..just the fanboys who follow the cult blindly

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Trying to compete with Apple...btw, before the accusation flies in my directions, I'm not an Apple fanboy and don't currently use any of their products. Apple did the impossible, which is make people give a damn about tablet computing. Up until the iPad, try as they may, nobody could get tablets to "take off". Apple did it, that's gotta count for something. Apple is also the king of making things "pretty" and getting interfaces clean and simple.

6. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Well tabs were there looooooooong b4 ipad ...but yes ipad did to tabs what other tablets couldnt
    and ur first comment ... trying to compete with apple - macs still cant compete with pc's
    apple was competing with nokia in phone market and just when it toppled nokia samsung came and went ahead of it
    the iOS is copying past os's various elements - making it pretty as u said - then making it pricey as hell ... and when iOS was gaining market share from bb's and symbian ... android got past it and is way ahead

7. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Security is a moot point. Especially if you use the proper app markets for each device.

The only thing iPhone has over Android is battery life.

8. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Security is a moot point?

Welcome to Wilders.

9. whitedragon551

If you pick out a mobile device with blue tooth, app markets, and wireless capabilities viruses are the least of your worries. You should probably disconnect service and crawl into your parents basement and wrap yourself in tinfoil.

FWIW Apple's iOS also has viruses. More than Android.

I maintain the only thing Apple has over Android is battery life.

10. Hungry Man

Proof that you're misinformed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsbOxT268bc

Most android malware is socially engineered and very convincing.

iOS does not have more malware than Android. Not even close.

Android has close to 1million infections estimated a few months ago.

11. whitedragon551

Youtube definitely makes it credible. :rolleyes:

12. Hungry Man

Err... please watch the video. He's a completely legitimate security researcher.

IF you don't want to watch I'll summarize:
    1) Android has nearly 1mill infections
    2) iOS supports ASLR and DEP, android does not.
    3) Android has literally no vetting process for applications. OSX does.

iOS is absolutely more secure. Denying that is ridiculous.

13. Hungry Man

Oh and I think at one point he says that the (very) few times there has been malware on iOS it hasn't really been clearly malicious.

14. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

This is so true. I'm currently not even running AM on my Motorola Xoom, I just connect through NortonDNS and avoid downloading APK's from anywhere but Android Market. By doing this, I'm sure the possibilities of getting hit by Android malware are considerably minimized.

Google is rising as the new trend marker on mobile platforms. Even when that's not their main goal...

15. Hungry Man

Errrr if you're saying the part that you underlined is true it's literally a fact that it isn't. Like, not "oh I take a few facts and draw conclusions" but literally documented fact.

16. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

17. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

He made a comparison between an OPERATING SYSTEM vs an actual phone.

Who cares if the system is still "selling." It doesn't make the devices that run Android better than the iPhone.

I've used both and the iPhone blows any current Android-based device out of the water. I've yet to get a "forced closure" using the iPhone. With my last Android phone, I would get about 2-3 per day, not counting numerous "lock-ups."

18. Hungry Man

Because this is a topic about Android lol not phones

19. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

So u getting force close is purely android problem and it may not be a problem with the apps that u had put in ur phone ? Which phone u had ?
    and this two are proof that iphone blows any current android phone..wow :rolleyes:

20. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

And android is more popular than iOS then definately it will have more malware - but there are many anti-apps for android which will in general keep u safe with some common sense

21. whitedragon551

It has nothing to do with the physical phone. There are plenty of phones out there that blow the iPhone out of the water. Heck my 2 year old HTC Incredible is a more powerful phone than the iPhone. It has a faster processor, larger screen, better camera, more expandability as far as internal memory goes, and weighs less. Your clearly swinging from Apples mid section.

22. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Considering that the iPhone 4S is my first Apple device I have EVER owned (and only for 1 week now), I think you are clearly wrong and I believe you are the one suffering from blind "brand royalty" here.

But to each their own.

23. whitedragon551

Except Ive had both Android and iOS devices for much longer than a week. Android > Apple in every instance except battery life. That is all.

24. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I didn't really think this existed short of the Apple "followers" but apparently Android has a following too. It makes it harder to choose a smartphone, separating the nonsense by the followers from the truth. I'd have picked a blackberry just as a "whatever" to the android and apple fanatics, but after the drama with them recently it's off the table. Bring back good 'ol Symbian. :(

25. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

:thumb:
    Apple fans just dont wanna bliv that android is awesome.Period

edit - they had such a delusional RIP person as their leader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.