Step by Step for Policy Config

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jhyiesla, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhyiesla

jhyiesla Registered Member

I am in a trial with the Business edition of the product. I have it installed and working on a PC and the Remote admin station installed. I've read through the install guide and the more detailed user manual, but I don't really see anything on getting down to specifics for configuring my policies. I've gone through and looked at just doing it without aid, but am getting lost in what applies to what. Is there some document detailing configuring policies?

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Thank you for your question. With the infinite amount of customized configurations a given network could have, it is difficult to write a policy configuration "guide" that will cover everything as in depth as customers might need. That manual would get extremely long and confusing.

You mentioned that you read the install guide and did not see anything specific on policy configuration. Section 4 goes over setting up a default policy and includes a few of the things that *most* customers want to set up. If you give some details about what it is you're attempting to accomplish with your policy, we could guide you to the appropriate section of the configuration tree and offer some advice on what to configure.

Thanks,

Matt

3. remotebeheer

remotebeheer Registered Member

Hi there,

I hope it's ok to join this thread too instead of making a new one about the sort of same issue? I'm having the same kind of question about policies. I read all the documentation that is available over and over again and couldn't manage to get a clear view on how to configure these policies, and maybe in combination with groups??...It could be my shortcoming though...o_O but i'm getting desperate in setting this up. Anyways...here's what I'm trying to do:

We've got different types of servers, like AD - Exchange - ZenWorks - Fileservers etc... Every type of server needs to have it's own policy configuration. So when a new server is added to the domain it needs to get it's proper policy configuration automatically when placed in the right OU. Still following me :p ? Is this possible? How to start this on up....i'm confused.

Now for the workstations:
    The same question about these, except that we don't have more types of workstations offcourse. These clients are located in a workstation OU on every of the 27 school location parent OU in active directory. Stil got it...i lost it a couple of times when writing this reply :D

Can you help me in how to set this one up....any idea how my policy structure should look like?

Kind Regards,
    Dennis

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

I think I may have replied to your support ticket on this this morning. Do you need more info?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.