Steganos Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by analyzer, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

extendia avk updates the program and virus defs with the same button at least that is what my owners manual for extendia avk pro says.

2. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Pretty strange. Again hard for me to imagine that the original version of AVK from GDATA has two buttons while all the copies (extendia, steganos) have only one. Anyhow, just wondering what is the actual version number extendia avk?

wizard

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

I don't think that program updates are available for eXtendia (via update button).

Version number is 11.0.4 and it hasn’t chance for months.

I tested AVK 12 Pro and I must say that is flawless in terms of performance. Doesn’t hit system at all. Comparing to version 11, AVK 12 is better tuned.
    I don’t know why they didn’t offer version 12 instead 11.

tECHNODROME

4. wizard

wizard Registered Member

That explains why the price is so low. They just sell old program versions. :(

wizard

5. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

To everyone from Firefighter!

Because I'm a bit of simpleminded I can't understand the importance of the latest program version! My eXtendia AVK Pro has exactly the same 12 version scanning engine as the latest AntiVirenKit 12 Pro antivirus.

The difference between those programs were in their Lay-Out and AntiVirenKit 12 Pro has some plus functions that the eXtendia hasn't.

Is it possible in this case to update the scanning engine via that one update button in my eXtendia AVK Pro too?

Best Regards,
    Firefighter!

6. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

You'll get engine updates but not program updates. Such as bug fix if there is one.

tECHNODROME

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.