Steer Clear of True Image 8.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by The Magic Cottage, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I bought and installed this on my computer a couple of weeks ago. It completely crashed XP twice!! The only program I have installed that has managed to do this. On both occassions I was presented with a blue DOS screen telling me XP enncountered a problem with software. When I was returned to XP (eventually) graphics had been reduced to low resolution and 8 bit colour.

After "uninstalling" the software and using system restore to the preinstallation point, I still encountered the same problem. It was only after looking through my registry and the rest of my system that I discovered it all littered with Acronis True Image entries, which I have now deleted manually. So far, so good, I hope I am rid of this dreadful program.

I have sent Acronis an email requesting a full refund, but suprise, surprise haven't heard a thing.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, The Magic Cottage

I could give you several reason why it might have happen but I will not waste your time and mine.

But you post title and content are some what obscure as this is a help forum

Please be kind enough to post some where you can find help?

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. glenn9

glenn9 Registered Member

I have used Acronis since ver 6...I have ver 8 on my XP Pro computer and have not had a bit of trouble with it...actually I just did a full restores using Ver 8 twice... Seems that Windows SP2 gives me a problem where I can not right click on a file and get a context menu... windows freezes and the the desktop refreshes causing icons in the tray by the clock to close...pressing the ALT/Control/Del keys after trying to right click a folder shows that folder as not responding... lucky for me I had a True Image back up....less then two hours later I was back in business... I tried SP2 again and had same problem and had to use True Image again...
    I had only problems when I tried using Norton Ghost 2003...it never worked right...Acronis is a life saver...don't leave home without it!
    Sorry you have problems...but your troubles do not make the program junk...I had problems with Ghost - but I am sure that others find it to be excellent...all computers react differently due to hardware and driver issues ...and don't forget that part between the chair andthe keyboard...it has been know to cause many problems too.
    Regards

4. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

Right on My Friend "The Quest"! Keep 'em comin'! What "they" do not know how to use, "they" can not use! *puppy*

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi there, and welcome to Wilders.

Now, is there anything you would like help with? If you need help with Acronis TI, let us know in this forum. If you need help with something else, let us know in the appropriate forum section.

However, to my eyes it appears that you are making a lot of accusations etc but lack any evidence. Your explanation leaves many gaps, and since you came here to post without asking for support, I wonder if you might be making up a story.

I may, of course, be wrong. Be that the case, perhaps you can supply us with more information so that help might be given.

Thanks in advance,

Detox

6. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

Very nicely put Detox. Thank you!

Mike *puppy*

7. sliponflagne

sliponflagne Registered Member

Works perfect for me!

8. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

Works for me too. A happy user since version 1.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.