stealth

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by XingMei, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XingMei

XingMei Guest

Man, I looked at all the firewalls. They have some really nice free ones but I'm looking for ones that are good and still offer stealth mode. I know that the browser has to release some info about you b4 you can get info back from the site. But I'm aftraid of what my comp is disclosing on the net besides required info.

To explain my problem, go to danasoft.com That website has been freaking me out lately. A little app can simply reach into your browser's pocket and take out info on your OS, ISP, browser, yadayadayada.....

Is this anything to worry about? If a regular guy could write such an app, then just imagine what kind of intrusive programs are being written by programmers that are being paid by big invasive companies. THat is why I'm being paranoid on the whole stealth mode issue.

Would appreciate your comments

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since you are the only one seeing that....it should only be scary to you :cool:

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

We had a thread about this a while back that should help explain this to people. The image above is only showing you what your system knows about itself - that's all. It's not a fixed image, but rather it is generated within your browser using information known on your system. Others reading this thread are not seeing your information, they are seeing their information.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12527

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.