Staying Logged In at Wilders

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by RCGuy, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

About a month ago or so, I reformatted my hard drive and I had to log into any forums or accounts where I had previously checked 'remember me' or 'keep me signed in,' etc. Well, I've reformatted my hard drive before and/or have gotten new computers before where I had to re-log into various forums and accounts, including Wilders....but usually after re-logging in here at Wilders(with 'remember me' checked), I'm usually automatically logged in every time I visit Wilders. However, now I have to log in every time I visit Wilders.

Is there a problem with logging-in at Wilders or has the software been changed where you have to log-in every you visit Wilders?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Nope, nothing has changed here. If you are not staying logged in after being away from the forum or timing out, even though you have the "Remember Me" checked, then it is a configuration on your PC.

Staying logged in is about allowing and retaining permanent cookies in your browser for this domain, and making sure you don't have a privacy tool (proxy filter, privacy blocker, etc) or personal firewall blocking or dropping cookies. There are some tweaks that "convert permanent cookies to session cookies" that also will defeat the ability to stay logged in past a 15 minute session timeout.

See this FAQ for more about this:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/faq.php?faq=wilders_custom_faqs#faq_wilders_staying_logged_in

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Isn't it funny how you overlook the smallest things? ;) I had simply forgot to transfer Wilder's cookies to the "Cookies to Keep" section in my CCleaner program. :)

4. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Looks like I'd better listen to what LowWaterMark said. Adding cookies to CCleaner proved not to be successful after a couple of days. :(

5. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Hmmm. I listed Wilders as "allowed" under Internet Options/Privacy/Sites, but that didn't seem to help. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Keep looking... It isn't only in a browser that you need to keep/send cookies. A lot of other privacy, proxy and firewalls also delete or block cookies as a "security" feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.