Status of incident 610111

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bdemchak, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdemchak

bdemchak Registered Member

Hi --

I have been working off and on with ESET on a hang-and-die problem. The original case (13 months ago) was 610111. I don't know the new case #.

The question is whether this has been resolved.

I'm facing a decision of whether to renew my subscription (3 seats), and this plays into it.

Anyone know??

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I was looking at the case notes for ESET Support Case # 610111 I have access to, but I did not see mention of which version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus being used on the Windows 7 x64 systems. Are you running v4.2.71 Business Edition or 5.0.95.0 Home Edition on the computer(s) in question?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. bdemchak

It's now 5.0.95.0 ... the problem has occurred on every version prior to this. I won't be re-testing with this version unless there's a positive reason to do so.

4. agoretsky

Hello,

From looking at the issue reported, I thought the root cause might be similar to an issue which affected some users of TrueCrypt and Cortex IT's BackupAssist software with ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.71. ESET has distributed some post-4.2.71 drivers to customers who requested them, which seemed to resolve those issues. I was under the impression, though, that the issue was fixed in the 5.0 codebase.

Since you are running ESET NOD32 Antivirus Home Edition 5.0.95 and that does not seem to be the case, it appears my thesis was wrong.

I will have the engineer who was working with you to resolve the case get in contact with you for additional information.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. bdemchak

I re-tested on 5.0.95.0 ... indeed it worked.

This is a nice surprise. I wish ESET would have tipped me off that they thought the issue was solved. It would have saved a lot of trouble for several people.

I'll be renewing all licenses very soon.

Thanks.

6. agoretsky

Hello,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.