Stateful Inspection

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by FatalChaos, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatalChaos

FatalChaos Registered Member

is stateful inspection really safter then stateless inspection? If so, what are some good stateful inspection firewalls (already tried look n stop, too much trouble to get it to work with some of my applications)

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Most of the available firewalls today employ some form of stateful packet inspection. It's rare to find one that doesn't nowadays..

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

like kerodo said, most firewals should have it so ull just have to try various firewalls and see what works for u. for me i use outpost which does have SPI and works very well. if LnS is too hard for u, maybe a firewall like zonealarm or sygate would be better suited towards ur needs.

4. Arup

Arup Guest

Fot the best SPI, nothing beats CHX so I suggest you give that a try.

5. FatalChaos

FatalChaos Registered Member

heh right now i use kerio 2.15 w/ BZ ruleset + process guard and KAV for antivirus. It's alright, but i'm just looking to see if there are better firewalls (although many ppl still seem to love kerio 2.15). Zone alarm is alright, i used it a long time ago, but i recall it wasn't the greatest at protection. Sygate was good for a while when i used it, but for some reason it had problems with the rules i gave it, and would stop letting my browsers connect to the internet after a while, despite the fact i had allow all on them. It started doing this to other applications too. I might give CHX + another firewall for application control a try, although i heard CHX 3.0 is coming out soon, so i will probably just wait for that.

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Might be a long wait for CHX 3. They are testing it and probably want it to be perfect when it's released, so I would not hold my breath.. ;)

7. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Hi - what do you recall ZoneAlarm wasn't great in protection in? Right now, it seems to stop most leak tests, and will block unsolicited inbound traffic. I've used the pro version and not the free version.

8. ghost16825

ghost16825 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.