Startup service proxies Web, email to purge malware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ronjor, Jun 8, 2015.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Not sure what to think of it, I'm personally not into agent-less based security.

3. itman

itman Registered Member

Well, there is a big privacy issue in this since I assume they will be decrypting HTTPS traffic for scanning purposes? If you were a business, would you want a third party intercepting all your traffic? Thanks but no thanks to this concept.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes exactly, I'm not feeling this stuff at all. I also didn't like Spikes:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/09/spikes-builds-a-secure-browser-for-the-enterprise/

5. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

It sounds as though the proxy would have access to not only the decrypted HTTPS traffic but also the actual browser session and end-user activity:

Which I think would make it of even greater concern in some scenarios. For example, there are various types of "online calculators, utilities, apps" that are Javascript driven and run entirely on the user's machine. A normal proxy would be able to tamper with the code when it is retrieved, but otherwise it wouldn't see how the user is using and interacting with such code. It sounds like the type of proxy being discussed here would "see it all". IOW: Seeing you load a financial calculator vs seeing you load a financial calculator PLUS seeing what information you entered (?).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.