Startup GUI

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by J_L, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I've deleted the startup entry for the gui, but now I don't know how to get it back. I know how to manually add it, but not how to make it start minimized in tray.
    The reason I've deleted it in the first place is because I've decided to use it on-demand for mostly unknown executable files. Also the Virus Guard once detected something my main AV (Avira) detected as well, but the alerts keeps on reappearing after I clicked quarantine (Returnil, not Avira) until I had to manually delete it.

This time I want to retry it again with the real-time protection back on. Just want to know how to make the GUI start up normally for now.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Please reply, I just want to know the command for starting Returnil minimized in tray (for now). Reinstalling just for this is not worth the time.

I'm using the latest 2010 version by the way.

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi J_L and welcome to the forums,
    Open the RVS GUI and then click Preferences > User Interface Tab. Activate the "Show try icon" option.

Mike

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

That "tray" icon still exists, but the program doesn't startup minimized in tray. Not only was that answer late, but it's unrelated to my problem.

Anyways, moving on, I've reinstalled Returnil and found out that by default it uses the startup folder, and here's the shortcut target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Returnil\RVS3\rvsgui.exe" /INST_AUTO
    It seems that is how you start Returnil minimized to tray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.