StartPage Guard

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by jnibori, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnibori

jnibori Registered Member

Didn't know if this has been around, so I thought I would post it:

THE PROGRAM
    StartPage Guard (SPG) protects your PC from cyberscam, by detecting and preventing any unauthorized changes to your internet browser's Start and Search pages. It is also capable of removing automatically most of known "invaders".

BACKGROUND
    Malicious programs (viruses, trojans, backdoors, etc.) sometime change the StartPage to "gain the ground". Spywares use this way to invade user's privacy by tracking destinations which user visited, and collecting personal information. In some cases this activity may be totally transparent to the user. But most often this is just plain annoyance when start page is changed without asking user's permission. SPG effectively deals with all this problems, making surfing the net safer, more secure, and by reducing frustaration - more fun

http://pjwalczak.com/spguard/index.php

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

jnibori - It may have been mentioned a time or two, but it never hurts to refresh people's memories.

(Thought it was on our d/l's page actually - now I'm wondering why it's not).

Anyway - thanks for the reminder! Pete

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

4. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

The man is a gem. If he keeps up this level of enthusiasm, he'll have a really nifty portfolio very soon. :)

5. jnibori

jnibori Registered Member

Spy1
    I took a look at the thread. It is in the 3 stage of Alpha version. It looks nice, but when will it be considered "ready"? ( I do not know how many stages of Alpha a program needs to go though, or is that up to the programmer?) They were still talking about some changes. I saved the thread to take a look down the road, 'cause it looks like something I would use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.