Start NOD32 Antivirus 4 problem...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ivanwong, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivanwong

ivanwong Registered Member

NOD32 tray icon become red, Protection status show: A serious error occurred while starting real-time file system protection. The computer is not protected against threats. The program needs to be reinstalled!

If I restart my computer once more, it will become normal.

What's problem with my NOD32?

P.S. I'm using Vista 64bit.

2. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

I have the exact same problem.
    I am suspecting the new NOD32 v4 self-defense mechanism might be causing it and some other problems. try turning it off and report what happens. you will find this option under setup/antivirus and antispyware/uncheck enable self-defense.
    can you try it and see what happens?

also, do you have service pack1 or possibly service pack 2 (rtm escrow or earlier)installed?

3. ivanwong

ivanwong Registered Member

Yes, I've installed service pack 2 (beta).

4. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I think that there have been other threads mentioning incompatibility problems with ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security and Windows Vista SP2 resulting in problems like the one you are having. If you remove SP2, does the problem go away or before you had SP2, was the problem present? Are you using the latest build of ESET NOD32 Antivirus - 4.0.424.0? Since SP2 of Windows Vista hasn't been offically released yet, I don't think ESET has made their products fully compatible with it yet.

Regards,

Mark.

5. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

I have SP2 rtm escrow which is almost final and sometimes have this problem too. Before SP2 it worked fine. I suspect it is because of NOD32 self-protection because there was problems reinstalling NOD32 after updating to SP2. (had to manually delete protection drivers in safe mode otherwise I would get error about not having enough permissions).
    And if NOD32 real-time protection does not start(those times when it does not), I cannot change settings too because of lack of permission and I cant update. So it looks like NOD32 self protection may the cause of it. And yes, I have the latest version of NOD32 V4.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I just did some testing with the release candidate for the service pack and was not able to reproduce this. Could you send me an ESET SysInspector log from your computer via PM to look through?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. MaTrIx2k2

MaTrIx2k2 Registered Member

Hi I'm new in this forum, but I also had the chance to test this, I've installed the SP2 RTM, since I was a beta tester for this, and can say that the problem is still present, also disabled the Self-defense option in NOD32 and this solved the problem, there's an error with this option under SP2, also you can have the RTM Escrow or RC and test it, it should work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.