standard/paranoid config?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by beethoven, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I recently downloaded TDS-3 and currently try to figure out how to best use it. I have started reading the extensive helpfile and I am a bit worried that the program may be great but geared towards "experts". While I don't mind the obvious range of options for others who know what they are doing, I am afraid I may misconfigure TDS-3 and then not benefit from the protection. :oops:

Is there an easy way to configure this program correctly so that it can be used by a novice. What I am looking for is standard set-up providing good safety/ detection that I can activate without further studies. E.g., which options for start-up scanning should be ticked? Currently only process file scan and memory mutex scan are set up by default. According to the help file process memory space scan is absolutely vital, so why is this not set as a default? The other possible listed scans sound important too but I really do not understand enough. I am kind of looking for some guidance similar to the sticky that a very helpful moderator has done for Nod32 (written for idiots like me). :D

I am also uncertain about the system testing. If I just use full system scan, is that fine? Does this cover everything and might just take a bit longer than some of the other scans? I'd rather be thorough than miss something.

Finally, from a previous post I understand that in general it's best to run a full scan in safe mode with other resident scanners disabled. What does the "load TDS-3" at start-up function actually do? Does the program provide any realtime protection (apart from execution protection) and should run all the time or would that just facilitate a scan whenever necessary? In the second case, should that not be in safe mode?

Sorry about this long post and so many questions but I get the feeling that TDS-3 is a great program and I would like to make full use of it (within my possibilities) :doubt:

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Don't forget to install Execution Protection ;)

4. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.