Standalone boot disk can't see S-ATA drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wtreid, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtreid

wtreid Registered Member

Just got a new Dell 8400 with one 160GB S-ATA drive. When I boot from the TI 8.0 build 774 standalone boot CD to image the disk before I get started destroying my new machine <g>, I get a message while the Acronis loader is loading saying "ata1: disabling port". When the boot disk gets done loading, it can't find my lone hard drive and says "no drives found". It's frustrating! If I boot from the safe version of the standalone boot disk it can find the hard drive OK but can't find my CD/DVD burner to write the output.

Seems like there ought to be a way to have both the S-ATA drive and the CD/DVD burner visible to the standalone backup program at the same time! I'll be happy to try anything! Thanks for your help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. tim254

tim254 Registered Member

I'm interested in purchasing Acronis 8.0 but I need it to work with my Dell Dimension 8400. Were you able to get it working? Did they send you a beta that works?

4. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

To see the SATA drive and the IDE drives, go to the system BIOS and change the RAID to Combination. You will be able to see the primary SATA hard drive as well as the primary master IDE drive.

I am having a similar problem in that I can not see my second SATA hardrive or the primary slace IDE drive. I want to make an image of my first SATA hard drive and save it on the second SATA hard drive, but TI does not see the second SATA hard drive.

Hope this helps

5. tim254

tim254 Registered Member

Thanks, that worked BUT you can't leave it on that setting because it bluescreens when you boot up WinXP. You have to change it back to it's original setting to get back into Windows.

6. TheBanker

TheBanker Registered Member

I also own a Dell 8400 with a 160GB Seagate SATA drive.
    In addition to the Windows XP boot up blue screen issue, the Combination mode also runs a lot slower using the TI boot CD.
    I used to be an Acronis flag waver but these problems with mainstream hardware (and no solutions in reasonable time) leave me looking elseware.
    Note: I am running Acronis True Image 7 build 638.

7. Teamfortress

Teamfortress Registered Member

I have the exactly same issue with my new Dell Optiplex 280. I set the SATA operaton mode to "combination" so that my TI can recognize the SATA hard drive, the speed of image creation is extremely slow. It took me 47 minutes to create a image backup for a fresh installed Windows XP partition. (2.5G data on a 25G partition).

This is unacceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.