Stability of DropMyRights?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by masqueofhastur, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masqueofhastur

masqueofhastur Registered Member

I've downloaded Sandboxie and have been using it for a couple hours. For straight browsing it works well. For downloading, it has a bit of a quirk - I use VisualWGet as my download manager, unlike in non-Sandboxed mode, it won't begin the downolad unless I click on the Sandboxed VisualWGet taskbar Icon.

I just had a full system lockup that seemed to be due to Sandboxie - while it was trying to release control of a download, it hung. The download was one that VisualWGet handled oddly by saving the file as getfile.php?=UOEHTSTSHTHOERCwhateverthestringis instead of as filename.zip.

This might have been unrelated, but it definitely looks like a bug in Sandboxie.

I know DropMyRights doesn't work the same way, but it has some similar benefits. Has anyone noticed any stability issues with DMR or is it as solid as running with standard privileges?

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I personally have never had any problems with DropMyRights.

Acadia

3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I have been using DMR on one of computers (XP SP2) for quite some time and have never had a single problem with it. Seems to be rock solid to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.