st.exe. Trojan..

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Strawberry, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

That’s ok. Now when you run through all the steps, does everything come up clean?

LOL, if you stick around Wilders it won’t be long until you surpass us ;)

Cheers :D

2. Strawberry

Strawberry Registered Member

Yes, everything came up clean, I'd like to thank you guys! Glad I found Wilders =D

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Strawberry,

Listen, now that you got your system cleaned, let's try to fix the problem with the first 'Strawberry' member account. Since it's only one day older than Strawberry2, there really is no need for you to have two accounts.

Can you tell me what the problem was with the first account? You can request a password change at the following link, you just give it the email address you used to register 'Strawberry' and it'll email you about how to get a new password for it.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/login.php?do=lostpw

Once we get you back into 'Strawberry' I'll combine the 'Strawberry2' posts into that account, as well.

V

4. Strawberry

Strawberry Registered Member

i couldnt get into this account using my AOL browser for some reason, im on IE now

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Okay, now that you are back in the original account, I have combined the second one back into it.

If at any point you find you can't get into your account, first read this thread and see if it applies:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=32132

Also, a few login notes. Passwords here are case sensitive, so upper versus lower case letters do matter. Then check your browser security and make sure you are allowing cookies and active scripting for *.wilderssecurity.com then you should be able to get and stay logged in here.

K

6. So I discovered the same st.exe file on my terminus

I used updated Norton, Ad-Aware, and Spybot...
    I hadn't been using updated norton, nor was I using Ad-aware (neveragain)

I started the system in safe mode and deleted the st.exe file, then I ran the *updated softwares.

I was still unsure, so I went to Trend Micro's site and used their free scanner.
    After running clean on the previously mentioned packages, Trend Micro discovered two additional trojans on my comp... (ouch)

I am glad I remembered TM... it seems the easiest solution

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

My machine seems clean now :)
    Hope that helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.