st.exe need help possible new version

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Misteryez, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misteryez

Misteryez Registered Member

undefinedundefinedundefinedHello guys and girls. I have found your thread through search. I am having trouble with st.exe trojan. I think there is a newer version of this out. I have tried to a t all of the steps to delete this but no luck. I belive a friend of mine sent this unknowingly in an Email with attachments. My fault I delete most of his Email anyhow. Except this one, I belive to be the culprit. Any help greatly apperciated in advance. :oops: :)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. Misteryez

Misteryez Registered Member

Thanks for thread links. I finally got this one licked. What I base my success on was deleting in safe mode (netda.exe, netdb.exe, netdc.exe, Notepad.com, Wmplayer.exe, Notepad.exe) Check other threads for location of these files.
    I manualy deleted all these files. In safe mode with SureDelete using super secure shreading. My Pc is running faster then ever. It is amazing how much this worm kills performance.
    Although alot of the suggested trojan and virus tools had no effect with my Pc, I would still recomend to a novice to follow the other thread recomendations. I am knowledegable enough to keep up on virus software, and keep up to date on a daily baisis.
    I had no luck at all with trojan hunter conflicted with other programs. Had to unistall that one.
    I believe this one came from an Email. The Email suggests sending to Seven more people then the funniest video in the world we magically apear before your eyes. Ironic the worst thing in the world also happens to your PC. I take totaly responsibility for opening this up My fault and no one else to blame. I know better but caught me off guard.
    Thanks for help. I hope some one else can see this before it happens to them. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.