SSUpdater.com Anti-Malware test

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by progress, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

As I said on the other topic, you need to read better what I wrote.

Where did you see some reference about SSUpdater test on my posts!?

And if I said that, what is the problem? Should I have your parameters of quality?
    Sorry, but I just to believe in everything I see...

If you don't want to understand when a test is made because of marketing and without correct methods, is just your problem, or not.

Did I say something about the results order!?

This way it seems that I will have to take all my time to explain to you the obvious...

But this was the last time... ;)

Take care. :thumb:

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You will never find the perfect tool, but they can help you...

Just because MBAM didn't help you until now, it doesn't mean it isn't good or you don't need it...

About HijackThis, you can also take a look at RunScanner... ;)

3. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

Thank God.

4. geko

geko Registered Member

I know there isnt a perfect tool. I've never believed this.

As I've said before MBAM surely has to be helpful for something, I hope, but right now, I find other security software much more helpful. I dont want to have an inmense arsenal of security programs. This might be effective but not efficient.

I've already tried runscanner. It helped (dont remember for what), but as I've said before there are others.

5. geko

geko Registered Member

I agree, but the problem starts when the companies (black-listing programs) state that they are effective without a combination.

Where does this term, 'black-listing programs', come from?

6. geko

geko Registered Member

Ok, looked at wikipedia:

I did know what whitelisting was.

7. progress

progress Guest

I like your "haha", it sounds nice and friendly ;)

8. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I have to admit, I was expecting to log in and see people going nuts in this thread. Instead, everyone is civil. Good stuff. :) :thumb:

9. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

The realtime protection is only in the paid version,but the free version is far from useless.the confusion seems to be with the precise classification of this tool,it is not a replacement for a standard AV scanner.Where it works well is on a system that has become infected despite having an installed AV (it's especially good at removing rogues).

The best test I've seen of MBAM was Matt's at remove-malware,where it was tested in a realistic manner.Of course everyone has their own opinions but personally it's been a highly effective 'active infection remover' for me .I've never tested it's realtime capabilities so couldn't venture an opinion of that.

10. geko

geko Registered Member

You are absolutely right, this is the best test I have ever seen. I couldnt stop laughing.

Anyhow, I supose (I hope) this is not test you are refering to:

Name of the test: Malwarebytes Pro Removal and Detection Review

Right now on page 14.

remove-malware (page 14)

Direct link to the videos:

Part1
    Part2
    Part3

One of the first phrases:
    'one of the best antimalware programs I've used ever'

There is something I dont understand. MBAM quarantines the malware but the malware is still running... Is this possible?

I thought that security programs worked like this: 'identify, terminate and remove threats'. I mean, I cant delete a file if its running. Its a question, it might be possible, but its strange to me.

The stuff that need to be deleted after a reboot are registry keys not files, from what he says.

Another post that is funny: Malwarebytes Real-time Protection Only Prevents, Doesn’t Remove

I've seen other tests, I supose the ones you are refering to. He used MBAM, Dr web CureIt, Spyware doctor + AV and hyjackthis. I wonder what wouldve happened if he just used Spyware doctor + AV and maybe hyjackthis. Or maybe Dr Web and Hyjackthis. Or maybe a-squared and hyjackthis.

And one more thing, I find the videos about cleaning up infected systems helpful, but not a proof that the software is good. What would happen to his reputation if after cleaning up a system, some malware are still active. He would lose clients, so I find these videos kind of prepared, but hey, good marketing.

11. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Of course you're right in what you're saying that with malware removal on clients' systems then there are many different approaches.Some work better against infection A,where a different approach works better for infection B.I don't limit myself to 1 or 2 products,in fact on my UBCD4Win disk there are about 15 tools available.It's just been my personal experience that when used appropriately MBAM has worked for me.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.