SSUpdater.com Anti-Malware test

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by progress, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

2. geko

geko Registered Member

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  3. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

4. geko

geko Registered Member

I dont think they have that category either. Its a bit confusing now that I look at it closer. What a mess.

Never used Download.com and now that I've seen it closely, I think I never will. :eek:

P.S.: But, hang on, I think I have but coming from the authors portal of some program. Dont remember which one.

5. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

Prevx is going to be tested by a well respected testing site in the not too distant future........ ;)

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We are fundamentally incompatible with how many of the testing organizations perform their tests, however some recent reviews/tests can be found at:

http://pxnow.prevx.com/zeroL/PCMag_Review.pdf

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Prevx-Review-112112.shtml

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/newsindex.shtml?/cgi/news/release?id=256969

http://www.infoworld.com/d/security-central/test-center-sandbox-security-versus-evil-web-589 (this last one is about Prevx 2 using an older version of our community database, but its still a valid test)

Note that the PC Magazine review is actually probably the first "correct" review of Prevx software because of their testing methodology.

EDIT (for your edit :D):
    The engine on VirusTotal is a very simplistic version of our engine and works only on a blacklist with limited heuristics.

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

For what it's worth, you may want to pick a different review to read if you want pertinent information on Prevx 3.0 as Prevx 3.0 was 100% rewritten from Prevx 2.0 (no code exists from the Prevx 2.0 days :))

8. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Exactly...what a joke that week was!!

9. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

All I'll add to the great "is MBAM rubbish or not?" debate is: Let those that think it is avoid it like the plague,meanwhile the rest of us will carry on using it on heavily infected systems to great effect.:D

10. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Some things are unavoidable,death,taxes and Avira topping AV tests.;)

11. Retadpuss

I have run several tests using Prevx, Avira, A2. Hitman, MBAM etc. Based on my experience, Prevx would not detect as many as Avira or A2 overall - particuarly with an on demand test as Prevx needs live infections to use its behavoural analysis. Also A2 and Avira will detect anything - even if it is not a current threat etc. See my post here re testing:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1469870&postcount=37

12. Retadpuss

And MBAM coming last!

13. progress

progress Guest

I think that's fair, but as you can see: It's called "Spyware Remover" at download.com ;)

14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Is another none sense test, like you can see on link, already provided by LoneWolf... :)

15. Retadpuss

"Every time I open my mouth some fool speaks."

16. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

:)

Besides a lot of none sense, what I liked more about this "test" was when MikeNash justify that topic, at Wilders, with this!

:argh:

17. Retadpuss

Indeed. It is also a "co-incidence" that the same people keep pretending the results are wrong.

The earth is flat etc.

yawn.....

18. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Nice to have a User like you here, where you just insult others, make posts just to say that you don't care about something that you don't what to see or agree...

Keep going this way my friend ;)

19. geko

geko Registered Member

Ok, lets see if I'm getting it right. Give me some help or information here.

From Emsisoft test thread, Andyman35 posted:

So does this mean that MBAM is useless (to say it someway) if you dont buy it?

The realtime protection does not work, if you dont buy it, right?

I mean if the scanner is not effective...

20. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I don't know if the real-time protection from SAS or MBAM are good or not, but their on-demand scanner are the best.

21. geko

geko Registered Member

On-demand scanner are the best ? ? ?

1 + 1 = 3 o_O

22. Retadpuss

Clearly, something has upset you. What is it? SSUpdater have conducted a test and published the results. The results are much the same as nearl every other test conducted in the last 12 months. For some reason you are saying the results are "non sense" - how is this so? Is it just the SSUpdater test that is nonsense? Is it the EMSI test/ Is it all tests?

When the other sites publish their tests, will they be "non sense" as well. Perhaps you can explain? perhaps you can advise them, share your thoughts with them so as to ensure their tests are not "non sense"

Would you like them to ignore the true test results and just list the products in an order you would prefer?

Please explain to us?

23. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Against real threats they make a great job.

They already serves me very well while I'm helping some friends and clean other systems...

You can also check in forums that help infected users and see what I'm saying...

You can try yourself, if you or someone else need, or just ignore them... ;)

What do you want more?

24. Retadpuss

Ah, now the truth comes out - you are upset about MBAM. (as if we didnt know)

I would like to know how you know MBAM and SAS are the "best" - have you tried all the others?

Clearly, you would like us to ignore the evidence from all the tests conducted and just rely on your unfounded statement that a product made by a student is "the best".

25. geko

geko Registered Member

Oh well, I'll try again when someone looks for help. Lately many people have been asking me to clean their PC's or notebooks.

I dont know what they do, but I find incredible amounts of malware on their systems. Its been a while since I've had an infection.

The best way that I get rid of nastie malware is using Hijackthis. Gives a lot of information.

As I've said in another post MBAM hasnt been useful to me, yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.