SSM Rules

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by screamer, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I've got a question about adding / editing rules in SSM. Unlike Optpost FW, where you select the app and click modify / edit rules... Then you're brought to a menue of sorts where you actually have choices to make. When I click edit rules in SSM, all I get is a pop-up box w/ tree menue opening in SSM w/ <type of file: exe>
    How does one actually add / edit a rule? I'm stumped
    Obviously I mean manually editing, I know how to create rules using SSMs pop-up box.

tia,

...screamer

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

To add an application. Open SSM / rules / applications, select a "group" right click ->"Edit group~Add rule for file"

To edit application rules, Open SSM / rules / applications, select the application you want to edit. At the bottom of the window you have a number of "Tabs" for various options (application protection etc), if you double left click the application, you will get a popup window with further options (Parent->child, libraries etc)

Attached Files:

• SSM.gif
      SSM.gif
      File size:
      68.8 KB
      Views:
  3. screamer

Thanks Stem, it's appreciated.

Actually I use the process you describe. The only settings I configure are:
    <Process Control> <Protection> <Network>

I guess I need to read up more on setting hooks, injecting dll's...

My question actually is: Why when I right click an app under <Rules><Applications> |Normal| <Context menue> Edit Rule for instance do I get a menue that shows SSM?

Attached Files:

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

From a right click, if you choose "Edit rules / Add rule for file" This option will Add a rule for a "New" application, and will open the browser for you to select the application.

To edit rules for that specific application (from a right click) go to "Special Permissions" or "Advanced properties"

5. screamer

Thanks! :)

6. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Your Welcome. It is a bit of a maze with SSM to find the settings at times. (It does not help that SSM have a tendency to change where/how setting are changed, without a change log to show these changes).
    SSM team do certainly know how to control the OS, but their ability to put this in a UI is at times not done well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.