SSM+PG <-> DW

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Get, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get

Get Registered Member

Because I ran DW and it f****d up my pc (can't remember what it was) I am thinking about ditching SMS and PG so can someone tell me if replacing SSM free and PG free (together) with DW 2.56 (alone) would be an upgrade and why?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  2. Get

Get Registered Member

Anyone?

3. korben

korben Registered Member

DW misbehaved? Ha, that's novum.

DW= defense wall? I'm kinda confused here...

4. Get

Get Registered Member

It's Defense Wall yes and I can't remember what the problem was. I will reinstall now and see what happens. Kinda curious. Be back in eh hopefully a moment:ninja:

5. Get

Get Registered Member

Ok, done. When rebooting it keeps on rebooting repeatedly. I then try to go into safe mode, but then it keeps hanging on the textfilled page. Then I change something in bios (first boot from floppy) and then restart and then it does a checkdisk and says the size of pagefile is wrong. It then boots into the page where you can choose which boot you want to use and i choose last good and then it goes ok. Now there is a .chk-file of 131 Mb, so that must be the pagefile and in perfect disk you can see the new pagefile is misplaced. I don't think it's necessary to put back an image, but keeping DW with this happening isn't very wise I guess. I think it's a problem with SSM and/or PG so that's the reason for this thread. I won't reboot before I uninstall DW, because it could be a problem if I can't get back.

6. Get

Get Registered Member

I've tried it even with PG and SSM disabled and even then it makes the same havoc. Could be Avast maybe, but I certainly won't ditch that, so if it's up to me this (almost-solo:cool: ) thread can be closed.

7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

If you contact Ilya either by email or in the official support forum at Gladiator Security i am sure he will solve this for you.

8. Get

Get Registered Member

I will do that, but not now, because I'm too busy to test possible solutions. I will post when there is a working solution and also when there isn't.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  9. Get

Get Registered Member

With the kind help of Ilya (perfect service!) it's solved. It was Snoopfree which blocked the creation of the DW-service and DW couldn't load the driver properly. I'm very happy of course, because exchanging Snoopfree for DW isn't a bad deal at all :D . I'll use 2.56 for now and when I like it ( will I...?:rolleyes: )and 3 is out of beta I will most certainly buy it. ps: thx for the tip, Tony.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  10. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Glad you got it sorted :)
    If there is a problem Ilya likes them fixed :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.