SSM or,

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Rico, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Well I un-installed PG, after removing & reboot, I would get 'Mutex2' error, so another round of kill PG. So now PG is totally gone, install SSM 602, all went well for awhile. Found learning mode clicked a bunch of stuff, leave learning mode & reboot. Wow! allow allow allow & more allow. Windows comes up no desktop icons. Reboot things are better.

The day after purchase of SSM my hard drive died, & last image was the day before purchasing SSM. So my license info is not on the new hd. I printed the license page, are they crazy approx. 1388 charcters in the license code. Next you can't copy & paste a jpeg. Try ABBYY which is broken. Ok! Ill send it my friend who can convert it to text & send it back, copy & paste. Click insert file & Word crashes, ok remove SSM run regseeker, Word still crashes, when trying to insert a file, into Outlook. Went to add/remove & did a repair of Microsoft Office - all is well!

To be fair SSM may not have caused Word to crash, when trying to insert a file into Outlook. The Acronis image supplied many errors, upon restore. But PG was working fine, & SSM is now gone & no license.

I guess my question is do ya think it was Acronis or SSM that caused Word problems. This will determine if i reinstall SSM.

Thanks
    Rico

2. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

Probably SSM. I've been using True Image for years, sometimes I do a restore from an Image a few times a week, I have never had a problem.

Rick

EDIT:Create another Image and reinstall SSM. If you still have problems with SSM you can go back to your previous Image.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Rick,

I got so many errors from Acronis, that I'm reluctant to do another image & restore just for SSM.

After Acronis Restore (so far)

Epson scanner device mgr, problem (fixed)
    No sound " " "
    CCleaner broken "
    Abbyy OCR broken (not fixed)

All this stuff used to work just fine, pre image restore!

Thanks & Take Care
    Rico

4. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Rico,

You're going to have to get over your fear of Acronis. Better now than if you run into a disaster where you really need to depend on the app.
    Keep the image you have now, and create a totally separate image & verify, try restoring, if it doesn't work, you have your "working" image to revert back to.

With regard to SSM, I doubt it or Acronis caused your Word problems. I'd put money on the OCR insert. You shouldn't have pop-ups w/ SSM in Learning mode. You can contact SSM and ask for a copy of your licence.

...screamer

5. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I use Acronis TI 9 and SSM full and have not had any problems. SSM was installed after TI not that I think it is an issue. Might pay to run SSM in learning mode when using TI for a couple of occassions.

6. herbalist

herbalist Guest

You might want to shut down as much of the running software as possible when creating an image. It's quite possible that some applications files are harder to copy or image when they're in use. I've had much better results with Acronis when I use the CD to make and restore images.
    Rick

7. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Screamer - Your right, I'll give it a shot, be the man, be the boss of TI

Herablalist - Today's backup Sunday & all tray items will be closed!

One would think these pearls of wisdom would be contained in the TI literature. I posted a long laundry list of problems, that occured & suggested solutions to Acronis. However that forum is always so crowded (standing room only, surprized they don't have a cover charge just to enter) my post rapidly gets buried to page number 9.

Thanks & T.C.
    Rico

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.