SSD not seen for restore

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by h8jj, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h8jj

h8jj Registered Member

Hi All

Am using the latest free backup & recovery personal.

Backed up image of my OS on SSD fine, boot from flash or cd is fine - but when i try to restore, all of my drives with the exception of the SSD is seen?

Have searched & googled to no avail....it strikes me as drivers within the Paragon boot flash being the problem, but not sure how to resolve...

thanks in advance :)

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

How does your SSD connected ? Directly via SATA? or via eSATA? Please try to connect it via USB2. Does it work?

3. h8jj

h8jj Registered Member

thanks for your reply

Sorry, I can see I was not clear re-reading my post:

my os is on an internal ssd (all working fine), and have created a backup image onto another HD, but when I boot from Paragon USB flash drive to restore the image the SSD is not seen (but all my other drives are).

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Is your SSD shown as one of your selectable boot drives? If not that means that its drivers aren't loaded until after Windows loads and you have to use the Load Drivers option under Tools when you boot from your Paragon USB flash drive.

5. h8jj

h8jj Registered Member

SSD is seen as a boot drive option

Am using Backup & Recovery 11 on bootable USB flash - I cannot see a Tools option?

6. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I misunderstood. If you boot up from the Paragon WinPE Recovery Disc it opens with a menu, one option is Tools where one can load drivers. If your booting from a flash drive, maybe drivers aren't being loaded. It sounds like that's the case.

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I think the BR11 only comes with bootable Suse based media.

Winpe only comes with paid versions - unless you make your own.

How to make winpe3 - Easy

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  8. buser

buser Registered Member

I don't know about the free backup & recovery personal software.

But when I use HDM professional 2011 SSD backup and restore fine. I have tested so many scenarios with SSD, as long as your partition is basic disk (instead of dynamic) things should be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.