SS4 firewall issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SteveJ, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveJ

SteveJ Registered Member

Been testing Eset Smart Secutiry 4 and I like it a lot, except for an undesirable behavior (to me, anyway) of the firewall.
    When set to 'Block all network traffic', if I reboot, the firewall no longer blocks network traffic. When I set a firewall to block all traffic, I expect this setting to be retained until I change it, even surviving system power downs and restarts; I like to maintain control of what talks to the network and when.
    Is there a way to make SS4 keep the firewall setting, or must I continue to use my dedicated firewall (Sygate 5.5) to retain the capability to keep my computer separate from the network until I want to connect?

EDIT: In case it matters, I should mention this is with Windows XP SP3

Thanks,
    Steve

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

There's no way to change this behaviour. The only other option apart from your current firewall, would be to disable the network adapter.

3. SteveJ

SteveJ Registered Member

Thanks for the info, stackz.
    I was hoping there would be a configuration setting to allow these options to survive a reboot, but I guess it resets at reboot to allow immediate download of updates.
    Oh well. I'll keep searching. Still got a week left on this trial version.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.