SrWare Iron 7.0.520.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rules, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I'm not the one with the maturity problem here. I just don't see a dishonesty where you see one. You are hermeneutically reading more into this than there actually is. Iron is just a browser release. I like it, it can be a bit buggy.

I think that SRWare haven't got that much money & that they are trying to survive in a competitive world.

They have Google adverts, big deal. You can be as pertinacious as you like, I still don't translate this into a 'scam'.

As for reason, why are you so adamant about this?

You can hurl insults all you like. You haven't proved your case.

Get a grip.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Here Here! That's all I've been saying all along...

According to a few chromium/chrome developers I spoke with, they said they did debunk it and if no one can believe that, then they said, they just can't understand the thinking here of it, when the evidence is there...

Well that's all I know... :doubt:

GUYS relax, so they don't close the post, LOL...

Daveski17 let me explain the point I tried to make earlier that Eice has been trying to explain that hopefully you'll see.

The Iron developer(s) were quoted as calling Google evil, they were the ones bashing Google and saying the German people don't trust them.

Ok, so this is pretty simple to see right? Someone calls Google evil, claims the German people don't trust Google and so on....

Ok so now next, your seen showing on a few of your websites that you run Googles ads. Now we're not talking about just random ads that appear once and awhile that happen to popup on occasion showing Google, but the fact that you are buying Google ads and supporting Google and have them run on your site for business.

Now, granted everyone has the right to make a buck, no one is saying that, but when you say one thing and then do something else like this, well it looks really fishy, now don't you think so?

I mean who in their right mind is going to bash Google call them evil and so on and then turn around support them? I don't know about you, but most sane people I know that have a rant over something don't go out and support it.

I hope you see it now and that's all we're really trying to show you. :)

OK BOYS & GIRLS LET'S ALL BE NICE! :) LOL

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Someone;) touted Secunia as the basis for feeling that Iron was probably more secure than Chrome. Out of a sense of deep gratitude to that someone;), I checked out the links provided and found that Secunia had reported no vulnerabilities with any of the three versions released by this hardware and software company. I thought at least someone would appreciate my diligence.

And "Just because Secunia haven't found any problems doesn't mean to say that there aren't any" reminds me of "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." So maybe it just could be not looking that led to the perfect record as opposed to the hardware and software company intelligently choosing a more secure branch while the main funders of the Chromium project (insert favourite derogatory adverb here) chose an unsafer branch (as implied by the Secunia results)?

Scam? Wot Scam?

4. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Pluralis majestatis?

5. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Why are you so adamant on denying the facts?

It's hardly "my" case, and the facts are already there for all to see: the real motives for forking, how much new code the fork contains, how much extra privacy the fork actually offers, and how much the forker makes good on their original intents for forking by actually supporting Google and trying to sic it on their users despite claiming to protect them from Google's alleged privacy intrusions. Unlike Chrome, Adsense is designed to serve targeted advertising, and is a Google product that actually DOES track users.

The thing is, it's quite possible for reasonable people to like the product but at the same time acknowledge the truth. If some fanboys make the emotional choice to reject the facts, however, then that's their problem, not mine.

6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Split personalities? Resident tape worm?

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Daffy Definition: "Fanboy" - anyone who disagrees with Eice. :shifty:

8. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Yeah I know I'm not an English major, lol...

Oh gee guys give it a rest, LOL....

Go install Flock I did.

I didn't realize till today that they've changed and are now a Chromium browser...

9. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I think they switched a few months ago. It's going to stay boring old Chrome (with the rapidly rising version number:eek: ) for me.

In edit:
    Here's the link...
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/16/flock_dumps_firefox_for_google_chromium/

Note the phrase "google_chromium" :eek:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  10. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Well I'm playing with the latest Chromium build, seems to run as nice as everything else and I noticed for logging into Wilder with KeePass it typed my info faster, that caught my eye.

google_chromium hehe, yeah well Chromium is Google and I wonder if a lot of people think it's a separate project of its own?

I was a Firefox fan for many years, but I think it's becoming a has-been and if 4 doesn't really shine, well that's going to make the Chromium sourced browsers just look that more attractive.

I've been with since the beginning when it was Phoenix, Firebird, then Firefox... ;)

Here's the beginning;
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/releases/0.1.html

Phoenix is not your father's Mozilla browser. It's a lean and fast browser that doesn't skimp on features.

LMAO not your father's browser, oh that's a hoot looking back on that, LOL....

Well for me it's just about time to say ADIOS!

11. korben

korben Registered Member

Ok, that's soomething guys

please redirect me to the optimal settings for Chrome and Iron then, to make me feel more secure, please

12. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Nothing wrong with Firefox if you ask me. The extensions are better, website compatibility is better, rendering speeds are competitive with Chrome and Opera even if benchmark scores are not. Two other things are also a big deal for me: Gecko also has better support for international fonts and MathML than WebKit, and Firefox allows much more control over the cache (important for running from USBs and SSDs).

13. Daveski17

LOL, right on there mate!

14. Daveski17

Get a grip mate! :thumb:

15. Daveski17

Hey dopey, you can keep calling me a fanboy as much as you like. I don't 'forking' care (ho ho) but the only browser I would call myself a fanboy of is SeaMonkey.

I've always loved it despite its faults. Iron is about the same. Mind you Iron seems to be top of the gunslinger fast browsers. Not bad for a scam! If only it was SeaMonkey ...

16. Daveski17

Sorry dopey, I have been drinking too much real ale. I just can't be a reasonable person then.

You win!

I just don't buy the whole scam thing that's all!

At the end of the day, Iron isn't that bad ... (OK maybe some bugs)

You still haven't convinced me of your case. o_O

17. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Well I've used Chrome, Chromium, the new Flock, ChromePlus, Iron and Dragon and there's no difference in speeds...

The only thing that's going to cause a speed problem is some screwup in the Chromium code, but that's going to be really hard to do, or some extensions that someone installs or the developers add on.

From a stock perspective, just install them and test them, they are all just as equally fast...

There is only one thing I'm seeing in terms of speed with the latest Chromium build, KeePass is filling in the login form information faster for me, why I don't know but that caught my eye really quick since I use it to log in here and every other place I have to...

18. Daveski17

He ain't doing a good job of it.

Yeah, maybe they have a delicious sense of irony. I can dig that.

Oh .. it's that simple *doh*

Good luck to the blokes I say.

No, I think they are just doing what everyone else is doing, but with a sense of litotical humour.

I dunno, maybe ironic Germans? :rolleyes:

Oh, you've shown me all right! I admire SRWare Iron even more than I did when I logged on. I only wish I could vote for them!

Don't be silly!

19. Daveski17

Yeah well, speed is relative. You have to admit though, the scam is still doing well! LOL

I find it the fastest I have used so far (pity about the bugs).

20. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Iron hasn't done anything other then make privacy changes, so there isn't going to be any difference in speed over Chromium/Chrome, it's all the same...

1. Truth is the Chrome/Chromium developers have nothing to gain by bashing and putting down Iron.

2. Chrome/Chromium developers have said they have already proven this, so if someone doesn't want to believe me or what I'm saying, then go talk to them yourself and see it's that simple.

3. Also speaking out against Google and then supporting them is quite funny looking too, this should also send up a red flag in someone's mind.

You guys, really it's time for a break, if anyone needs to find and know facts then just go find the Chromium/Chrome developers ok.

OK, right here ---> http://www.chromium.org/contact

Now let's please move on, LOL...

THANKS

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  21. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

It's really quite simple.

Srware removes items that are either already user configurable in Chrome and/or removes items that were never privacy problems in the first place (but they claim that they are anyway).

Example)
    The "URL-Tracker" listed in Srware's comparison
    http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php

what a Chrome developer says about the so called "URL-Tracker"

So they remove non-problems to release a product they claim to be privacy-conscious (even when it does nothing different from the actual Chrome product) and then turns around uses Google ads which really DOES track users and DOES affect user privacy. Why? To make money off the unsuspecting and the Google paranoid. You still don't seem to see the hypocrisy in this and continue to argue semantics. You even go as far as accuse people of some sort of European hatred and xenophobia. Eice has posted facts here to back up his arguments. There has been no counter argument here as far as I can see.

22. Daveski17

Well, it is the fastest browser on all three of my computers. All SRWare Iron did was make a browser minus some Google stuff.

You blokes are like a lot of old ladies gossiping at a bus stop.

In fact, after listening to all of your arguments I'm thinking of donating some money to SRWare Iron for having the bollocks to do what they did.

I am actually starting to like them even more!

23. Daveski17

Here's my argument ...

GET A LIFE!

24. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Now that's funny. Why would anyone need to bother with trying to present logical counter arguments when there's the far easier option of blithely ignoring the facts and constantly repeating "sorry but you haven't convinced me"?

25. Daveski17

Sorry, but you haven't convinced me. In fact, my admiration for SRWare is growing every minute.

[MOVE]I love SRWare Iron & its alleged scam![/MOVE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.