SRP doesn't work

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Solarlynx, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I created SPR rules and made them "disallowed" on my office PC, XP. I have done all necessary steps, allowing to run only from Windows and Program Files, path rules. I've done it on my PC with Win-7 and they work.

But on my office PC, XP I can run any installer from the desktop. Obviously they don't work. What's wrong?

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Is your office PC on a domain? Maybe some other policy overriding it?

3. Running as Admin in XP and applying rules for all users except admins is the only one I can think of, your other systems are Windows 7, so it is easy to forget XP has no UAC. In Vista and higher you run as basic user, even when you have Admin rights (so rule applies even when you have All users except local administrators selected in Vista and higher) o_O

Attached Files:

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

that is the clue it has to be disallow for all users too;)

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Thank you all.

On this PC my account belongs to "Debuggers; Administrators". I applied SRP to all users. It doesn't work anyway.

This Enforcement Properties doesn't have options for certificates. I guess this equals to "ignore certificate rules".

Maybe this is effect of some domain rules? Is there a way to check it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.