spywareguard's "download protection" is being disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hadi, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    whenever I enable it I find it is being disabled after a few days. The system is clean (tested). The running progs at startup are MSAS,NOD32 and spywareguard it self. Why this happens. thank you.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Setting aside for a moment the few days part....does this user have Admin rights ?

3. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi Bubba
    Yes. one user the admin. not 100% sure about days apart because I usually check after few days not daily.

4. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi Bubba
    I have checked and found it becomes disabled on next boot. Any clue please

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Well if you are positive this user has proper Admin rights to write to the below reg key....I'm not sure what could be the problem. What Security\Privacy programs are you using....in particular registry monitoring programs ?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\browser helper objects\

Also....while it's definetly not mandatory....as much as you post here it sure would be of benefit to search your past posts if you became a member of Wilders :eek: :blink:

6. Daniel,

Daniel, Guest

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have found this happens only when using Stardownloader for downloading. The SG download protection appears then as unchecked but the protection remains until you click "save settings" or until you reboot.

Is this a problem with SG or Stardownloader ?

7. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    don't have Stardownloader. couldn't find a way to solve the problem. so, I uninstalled SG completely. anyway MSAS is doing SG's job now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.