SpywareGuard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by suebaby41, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suebaby41

suebaby41 Registered Member

SpywareGuard keeps telling me that an attempt has been made to change my Internet Explorer home page. When I say to accept new value, it is ok until the next time I come online.
    The message goes from changing from yahoo.com to yahoo.com/ and keeps going. Each time, it is changing from yahoo.com/ to yahoo.com or yahoo.com to yahoo.com/.
    Help. I have allowed yahoo.com to accept cookies so I can login on myyahoo.com companion toolbar.
    I cannot add yahoo.com to trusted sites since it is in the accept cookies area.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

This may not help....but might be worth a try.

1)Go to the page you want as your Home page.
    2)via IE's Tools\Internet Options\....in the Home Page section....select the Use Current button.
    3)Exit all IE windows....reboot and see if it still happens.

3. suebaby41

Thanks for replying.

I tried your suggestion but did not work. Anything else?
    Please

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

While uninstalling would be my last resort....even tho it wouldn't be that big of a deal....I would ask you to try one more thing because my belief is that the config.ini file that's part of SpywareGuard(SG) has become discombobjulated :)

This will not render SG unusable:
    1)With SpywareGuards GUI open....select from the top menu....File\Exit
    2)via Windows Explorer....go to the C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard folder and either move or delete the file named config.ini
    3)Restart SG....it will then re-read the items of the registry it is intended to monitor.
    4)Possibly not needed but let's shutdown SG which will rebuild\create a new config.ini file....select from the top menu....File\Exit
    5)Restart your PC
    6)If after your PC is restarted SG is not running(icon in Taskbar)....then restart SG also.

In case it matters for later info....what Operating System are you using....and if it's NT based(NT,2K,XP)....does this user have Admin rights ?

5. suebaby41

That did not work either so I uninstalled Spyware Guard and reinstalled it and it works.

Thank you for your assistance.

6. suebaby41

WindowsXP
    Single user no administrator but me

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Must have missed a step but un-installing\re-installing will definetly get rid of\re-create a new config.ini :)

Glad you got it working [​IMG]

BTW....did you also do an update after installation ?

8. suebaby41

Yes. I did the updates. Thanks again. :D

9. Windsurf3

Windsurf3 Guest

I had a similar problem. I went into the Regedit and added the / mark in the home page so would be the same and the problem disappeared.

10. shotrock

shotrock Registered Member

Bubba...is Spyware Guard 2.2 compatible running alongside Pest Patrol, Spybot, Ad-Aware SE and and Spyware Blaster?

11. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

If i may answer. ;)

I don't have Pest Patrol installed but i do have all the other apps. u mentioned along with Spywareguard and i have had no problems at all.

Just my .02 :)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.