spywareguard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bobreny, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobreny

bobreny Registered Member

I deleted program from control pannel.
    Now when I start my computer I get 2-+ boxes saying cant find def. or something?
    I downloaded program mentioned for that problem mentioned ih these forums, and no I get "allow scripts" box every time a new page comes up, It went from bad to worse.
    I like you programs and would kike to fix this.

Bythe way SWG said its file had been modified??
    etc.
    and Norton would allow montering, every time I turned it on it would turn its self off.
    I reinstalled xp and it runs fine nowo_O
    Bobby

Last edited: Jun 24, 2004
  2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm afraid I'm not able to totally follow and understand the problem. To help clear it up you really need to use some specific terms, error messages and so forth. Exactly what is the error that gets displayed and when does it occur? What "program mentioned in these forums" did you download to try to fix this? And actually, if you could get a screen image of these things and post them, it would help a great deal.

3. bobreby

bobreby Guest

I deleted program from control pannel."spywaregurd".
    I got message: SWG file had been modified?? & and Norton was turned off, I turned on " allow monitering", every time I turned it on it would turn its self off.
    I turned pc off and it was caught in a loup up on restart, XP would go to open then reboot. over and over ,

I re-installed op sys and it runs ok now.

Now when I log on I get 20+ windows saying "SWG files missing or corrupt" etc.
    And windows about "cannot up date" SWG.

I saw this about missing files and installed it,
    If you receive a run-time error 429 when trying to run SpywareGuard 2.2, your system is missing a required library. Please follow the instructions in this thread:
    Scripten.exe for missinfg files?
    now it Gives me a pop up box asking If I want to run scripts on EVERY page.o_O

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Before you deleted spywareguard did you turn of the spywareguard protection?

5. olds

olds Guest

It wasn't running I got error message, SWG file corrupted or altered, etc,
    then got update request which I oked, and it couldn't do.

I started upon start up. Then I got corrupt message.

So I thoiught I should Unstall it and reinstall it,

I uninstalled it from control pannel.

Seems like part of it is still behind looking for rest?
    If I reinstall it would this fix it or make it worse?

Bobreny

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The piece that might be left behind is the DLL hooked into Windows Explorer. In this thread is a download link for a simple REG file that removes that hook:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=21527

You run that registry file to remove the hook and then reboot the system. I'm still not sure of exactly what you are seeing, but if that DLL is still hooked, this will disable it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.