SpywareGuard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Tally Ho, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Registered Member

I recently installed SpywareGuard. I noticed that when I double click on the icon on the desktop nothing would happen. The only way I could open the program was to click on the SG in the systems tray in the lower right corner. That was fine until one day the SG was not there. I finally ended the task and uninstalled the program. I reinstalled and the same thing is happening. I started up my computer and the SG was gone. So I restarted and fortunately it came back. Any ideas whats going on? Should the program not start when I double click on the desktop or in the program files at least.(This doesn't work either!!! o_O)
    Tally Ho

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

hi Tally,

if you want to open spywareguard, go to the icon at taskbar and right click on it... and there it is infornt of you..
    It wont come as if by clicking on desktop

thx

3. Tally Ho

Thanks, but what do I do when it doesn't show up in the systems tray like before? Just try rebooting my computer and hope that it comes back?
    Tally Ho

4. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Just click on desktop icon or program file icon... there it is again in the tray... only it will open in window by right clicking on the tray icon

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Tally Ho,

Take a look at the thread linked below, it describes a problem that some people have had with the SpywareGuard systray icon ( SG ) not always showing up properly...

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=18537

Now, the only time it is really a problem, (assuming you check and see that the two processes are up and running in the task manager even though the icon is not visible), is that when you want to reconfigure SpywareGuard, you'll need to take the steps noted to recover the icon in the systray.

If you don't need to make changes to SG's configuration, not having the icon visible should not be too much of a problem. Unfortunately, there is no total solution to this issue at the moment, so the above is mentioned as a work-around if you wish to keep using SpywareGuard.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2004
  6. Tally Ho

Thanks for the info! I'll check it out. I was concerned with not being able to check the reports or reconfigure if I couldn't open the program, but hopefully this will be the solution. Not nice having to reboot your computer time and again. Thanks again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.